cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! DATA not working in the US on a 50 gig CAN/US PLAN

Col127
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new customer to Public Mobile on a 50 gig/US plan And my data is not working while I’m in the US right now.

I can’t submit a support ticket to describe the issue because of the mobile has no real customer service people and I don’t know how to get my data to work.

I’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps. Rebooting my phone, ensuring data roaming is on, resetting network settings, etc. nothing helps.

This is super frustrating ! What’s the point of having a Canada US data plan if it doesn’t work in the US????

5 REPLIES 5

@Col127   Great that you got it going thanks to @Chalupa_Batman !  T-Mobile will support 5G (for PM) while AT&T doesn't, hence either switching to T-Mobile or dropping to 4G/LTE should work.  That's assuming you were on 5G that is.

Col127

Yeah it’s just the data, switching to T-Mobile fixed it

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Col127   Make sure your phone is not set to 5G, it should be on 4G/LTE for best results in the USA.  Also make sure it isn't trying to connect to Verizon.  Are talk and messaging working ok?

Col127

You’re my hero. That fixed it. Thanks.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Col127 

I was just in the US a month ago. This is what I did.

I went into my settings, then network settings. I turned off Automatic and chose T-Mobile. I made sure data roaming was turned on and rebooted my phone. I was up and running and FaceTiming everyone back in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.