cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong sign up reward applied

j_b_goode
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am new to PM. Just signed up myself and my wife on Sunday for the "free SIM, free second month" deal at Walmart in Calgary.

I expected that I would also get a $10 referral bonus since I referred one of the accounts from the other.

However, I see that I got a $25 referral bonus on one of the accounts and no second month bonus on either. I suspect something went wrong. The $25 deal should not apply to me because I activated both account at the store. Somehow, PM system thinks I activated online.

How do I resolve this?

7 REPLIES 7

Do you have similar reward issue?  If so contact mod using the method above.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dna2016 wrote:

@j_b_goode, ummmmmmm, I don't see any free second month service on the PM website.  The only promo happening right now are data deals and the $25 referral credit.  If you're getting the $10 or $25 talk plan & text plan on a 30-day pay period, then sure I guess you can say that it is a "2nd month free".  Interesting how that Walmart location is wording it because technically you still need to pay the tax if you're on the $25 plan, and if you signed up on a larger plan (i.e. $30 and up), then that $25 would not cover the full amount in the 2nd month.  If you ask me, that Walmart is really playing with fire with their wording, which does not line up with the PM advertisement. 

I highly suggest you review the PM website for current promos.  Retailers are not (to my knowledge), able/allowed to offer any promos outside of what PM has advertised on their website.  Review what Walmart had offered you (make sure it's in writing), and compare it to the current promos on the PM site.  If what you were offered by Walmart is not on the PM site then what Walmart said you will get does not exist.  Go back to the Walmart store and speak with the manager.  This is not a PM error, this is a Walmart error.  And if they ask you to contact PM tell them no, as they are just trying to get you out of the store.  Sounds like to me the Walmart rep may have done the set up incorrectly, if it was done right then one of the accounts set up first would get a $1 referral credit, and both accounts would get the $25 referral bonus credit.  Gotta love these Walmart reps Man Mad

This is an old post from a week ago, I think they're referring to the in store promo that ran for just two days where you got a credit for your plan's first renewal payment - I.e. if you signed up for a $40 plan, you got a $40 credit (the promo also included a free SIM!).

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@j_b_goode, ummmmmmm, I don't see any free second month service on the PM website.  The only promo happening right now are data deals and the $25 referral credit.  If you're getting the $10 or $25 talk plan & text plan on a 30-day pay period, then sure I guess you can say that it is a "2nd month free".  Interesting how that Walmart location is wording it because technically you still need to pay the tax if you're on the $25 plan, and if you signed up on a larger plan (i.e. $30 and up), then that $25 would not cover the full amount in the 2nd month.  If you ask me, that Walmart is really playing with fire with their wording, which does not line up with the PM advertisement. 

I highly suggest you review the PM website for current promos.  Retailers are not (to my knowledge), able/allowed to offer any promos outside of what PM has advertised on their website.  Review what Walmart had offered you (make sure it's in writing), and compare it to the current promos on the PM site.  If what you were offered by Walmart is not on the PM site then what Walmart said you will get does not exist.  Go back to the Walmart store and speak with the manager.  This is not a PM error, this is a Walmart error.  And if they ask you to contact PM tell them no, as they are just trying to get you out of the store.  Sounds like to me the Walmart rep may have done the set up incorrectly, if it was done right then one of the accounts set up first would get a $1 referral credit, and both accounts would get the $25 referral bonus credit.  Gotta love these Walmart reps Man Mad

lspring
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

j_b_goode
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the information and the links. I have snet a private message and hope it gets resolved.

@j_b_goode It looks like this has happened for a few other new subscribers (on other threads).  Probable computer glitch.  Need to contact moderator.  It will take more than usual time to sort it out.  Be patient.  

Is it possilbe that the Walmart representative was using the "consumer" website to activate customers?  Instead of "vendor" website?  Not sure whether there is a difference.  If the rep was not trained, that is a possibility.  Because, you are right... it looks like Public Mobile think that you activated online.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@j_b_goode wrote:

Hi,

I am new to PM. Just signed up myself and my wife on Sunday for the "free SIM, free second month" deal at Walmart in Calgary.

I expected that I would also get a $10 referral bonus since I referred one of the accounts from the other.

However, I see that I got a $25 referral bonus on one of the accounts and no second month bonus on either. I suspect something went wrong. The $25 deal should not apply to me because I activated both account at the store. Somehow, PM system thinks I activated online.

How do I resolve this?

Send a message to @CS_Agent and they'll sort it out for you. Note that they've been slower than normal to respond lately, I think they've been overwhelmed from the number of people who signed up over the weekend.

Need Help? Let's chat.