cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty Perks Not Applied To My Rewards

MiguelSanchez11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I've been with PM since November 2016, so I was expecting 89 points (1 per month being with PM) to be applied to my rewards balance, but this hasn't happened after my account was migrated to the new points system. 

Our family has four lines in total with PM, three have been migrated so far, and none of them have had the loyalty perks added to the rewards balance.

Can you please advise when these points will be added?

17 REPLIES 17

@Lockedoutagain2 wrote:

Oh no, not again...

I'm holding my breath since I too have been with PM for ten (10) years, and in their own contact to me, laid out a total points benefit that now seem to be on hold, and I am weary about having to engage in complaint processes because we all know what a creek of molasses that's gonna be, and all we have is a paddle...

Like I've said in other posts, we as customers feel we were wronged and that Public Mobile could and should have handled this much better. That's why we are asking for the assistance of the CCTS to see if any rules or laws were broken. It doesn't cost anything but some of your time. 

@HALIMACS   For many, maybe most, that would have been a better "reward" than the expiring data bonus!  Dishing out extra data as a "bonus" seems to be a common theme with carriers.  My previous provider did that too and there was no way I was going to get to use it, so it's probably quite cost efficient for them.

@Phil_Adelphus  Up until around March 4/5, 2024, any Legacy Reward subscribers who voluntarily switched to Public Points received 1 point per month of service.

Public Mobile trashed this incentive before the time of their announcement.

What's that say about em?

@HALIMACS They removed that 'perk' a day before the forced switch from Legacy Rewards to Public Points.

I've been on points since I joined PM a couple of years ago, missing getting the old rewards system.  There was never a one point per month loyalty given, I assume it was replaced by the 10 points a year.  Maybe it was a reward for voluntarily switching, which most people avoided?  It certainly wouldn't be the only out of date item in the FAQs

Lockedoutagain2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh no, not again...

I'm holding my breath since I too have been with PM for ten (10) years, and in their own contact to me, laid out a total points benefit that now seem to be on hold, and I am weary about having to engage in complaint processes because we all know what a creek of molasses that's gonna be, and all we have is a paddle...

@MiguelSanchez11 wrote:

That's good to know.  We rarely use more than 3GB per month anyway, so that bonus data was useless for us.

How can we get access to the $21 plan that seems to be only for new customers?  Can we submit a ticket to CSAgent?  I would migrate all four of our lines to that plan if I could.

Use that orange bubble, lower right side of page to start process of contacting Customer Support...BUT...there's not much hope that Customer Support will grant your request to get that plan as it's only for new accounts...but you can ask.

MiguelSanchez11

That's good to know.  We rarely use more than 3GB per month anyway, so that bonus data was useless for us.

How can we get access to the $21 plan that seems to be only for new customers?  Can we submit a ticket to CSAgent?  I would migrate all four of our lines to that plan if I could.

@MiguelSanchez11 wrote:

All of our lines have lots of anniversary bonus data (2GB at Christmas, for example) and 1,000s of long distance minutes.  If we migrate to new (cheaper) plans will we lose all of those bonuses?

If you downgrade to a cheaper regular plan, you'll keep all the Holiday Data and LD minutes that you have. You will, however, lose the new 150 Day Bonus Data minutes you recently got...BUT...the precedent has been established by a few PM'ers  that PM gave them back that Bonus data.

MiguelSanchez11

All of our lines have lots of anniversary bonus data (2GB at Christmas, for example) and 1,000s of long distance minutes.  If we migrate to new (cheaper) plans will we lose all of those bonuses?

Yup @MiguelSanchez11 

EVERYONE loses here, except Public Mobile (TELUS)

It's just another case of the big corporations ripping out more money from all of us.

TELUS is no different than anyone else.   

Grrr, I can't believe they cheaped out like that.   That's the kind of action that makes me want to change providers.  To risk losing a customer for $89 one-time loyalty rewards?   Absolutely ridiculous!   Among all four of our lines it would have totalled about $150!

@MiguelSanchez11 wrote:

Can you help me understand how the rewards work? 

I have three referrals, plus I get 5% in points, so for a $40 plan, the annual rewards would be (40*12)*.05+(3*12)+10 = 70 ?  And each point is worth $1, but I can only redeem points in 15 point chunks?

The referrals value stay the same.   You'll get 1 point per 30 days for each referral.  Users need to manually login and convert points to account credit (or other items) once they get to 15 or higher points.

For a $40 plan, the 5% points equals the auto-pay discount.

The biggest difference will be in loyalty.  Before you'd get $60 per year, now you'll get $10 per year.

Can you help me understand how the rewards work? 

I have three referrals, plus I get 5% in points, so for a $40 plan, the annual rewards would be (40*12)*.05+(3*12)+10 = 70 ?  And each point is worth $1, but I can only redeem points in 15 point chunks?

They removed that 'perk' a day before the forced switch from Legacy Rewards to Public Points.

Not very thoughtful of them, shows how much they value their most loyal customers.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @MiguelSanchez11 

Sadly the Legacy Rewards program has been shut down. Instead of doing the right thing by it's customers by transferring credits for credits to the new Public Points system, Public Mobile chose to remove and cancel all your credits. Feel free to join the large majority of customers by filing a complaint with the CCTS over the loss of these credits. From my understanding, over 1000 complaints have gone in and you will only have a chance to be compensated if you file a claim. 

MiguelSanchez11

I don't understand, it's on the website:

Loyalty Perks

1 point for every month with Public

As if welcome points didn't sound nice enough, you'll also earn 1 point for every month you've been with Public Mobile

Automatically added after you’ve joined Public Points, and we’ve set up your profile on My Rewards.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MiguelSanchez11 

This won't occur.   They've royally screwed us all over.

The change was made with or without user's agreement or consent.

All you get is 5 welcome points, then you pretty well lose all the loyalty you've built up and the $2 auto-pay is exchanged for 5% value of your plan value in points.

All in all, it's a horrible move for customers here and most stand to lose $60/year in previous rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.