cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an eSIM plan work on a phone that doesn't support eSIM?

MattWeb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm interested in the current 50 GB Canada/US 5G plan for $34/month but when I click on the details it states "Limited time offer. New activations only. Applicable to eSIM compatible devices only. Public Mobile reserves the right to remove or change this offer at any time without notice."

My phone is a Galaxy S10 and doesn't support eSIM, does anyone know if the above plan would still work with a physical Public Mobile SIM card installed if I pick one up?

5 REPLIES 5

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@MattWeb1 , since others have answered your question I don’t want to repeat it but I want to add that the $34 Canada/US 50gb plan is for all Customers not just for “New activations only”! 😊 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MattWeb1   The offer details are confusing, you have to match the little numbers and symbols to the numbers and symbols on the plan.   So if the plan doesn't have the corresponding number or symbol, the particular detail doesn't apply.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no such thing as an eSIM plan, once you get a plan you pick physical SIM or eSIM. Each work for all times of plans.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MattWeb1 

all currently available plans work with either esim or hard sim.

Need Help? Let's chat.