cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widespread Activation Failures - PM Please communicate with us

slads
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seems like lots of folks have had activation failures - You know the one where the page says it is confirmed but the message says it failed, then you get the email saying you are set up but you aren't even though your credit card is billed. 

PM you are compounding the problem but not telling us what's going on. Lots of posters report waiting days and hearing nothing back. I filed a service ticket on the 10th and have heard zip.

At the very least tell us what the problem is and how long itll take to get these accounts activated. A sticky announcement in this community is a good simple way to start. Itll reeduce our collctive frustration and help you since it'll reduce the repeat messages you get.

22 REPLIES 22

meekju1339
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

slads

Just to close the loop on this. I got an email today re the original ticket I submitted 8 days ago. Never heard from a mod.

slads

Thanks CollieWallie, I followed your Twitter route and phone service quickly got fixed. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Nobody was laughing at you, trust me, all I want is for everyone to be a happy PM customer like me. Of course there's no excuses for these delays, but what should we do about it? We're just customers like you.

CollieWallie
Great plan is no excuse for the absolute dire way they've acted by lack of communication. Few hickups along the way....just be patient, worth it in the long run....all that positive tripe went out the window over the weekend.

Finally sorted by twitter...took a few minutes. But I went 9 days and begging in three different posts...facebook....pm three mods...nothing.

Yea...we'll just lol all the way

I'm with @Rockdaddy22

Hard to argue this.

Lol.

No one's flagged this thread yet, so - @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O @Caroline_D

Rockdaddy22
Lol 🤑

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rockdaddy22  I could only imagine the press talking about it and informing even MORE people of this great plan and seeing more activations. lol

Rockdaddy22
You just don't look hard enough, I'm pretty sure those plans are out there

Eug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is why I didn't bother activating my SIM. I didn't want to end up in porting hell, and a new number isn't very useful to me.

At this point, the only reason to activate the SIM I have is to "reserve" an account with the new plan for future porting. But even that is problematic, since there are referral issues and autopay issues as well when you change from a low cost placeholder plan to the $40 plan.

At this point if one of the post-paid companies from the big three or daughter brands were to me offer me a similar plan for say $50ish, I'd take that instead. However, that doesn't seem to be coming.

Rockdaddy22
Lol the press, hopefully it'll slow down some activations, I need a break lol

slads

I am sure you are right Collie Wallie. Generally Call Center Agents/Mods want to do a good job and help customers. PM will want to try and contain it in case the Press starts picking up and the brand relaunch is tainted. Very old school defensive response to problems. New school says get out there in front of it and communicate.

Rockdaddy22
It's hard to argue this

CollieWallie

I can only imagine that things are in such a mess that the mods have been told to sit on it and say nothing.  I can't imagine that they would blatently be so bad at communicating and taking ownership of issues.

slads

Thanks Korth. No it failed on the 10th before then and I sent in the ticket that day. I waited until this morning to contact a mod as i thought Id give them some time to get to the ticket. No reply still from ticket (from 10th) or Mod (from this moning so wouldnt expect it yet).

Korth
Mayor / Maire

No access to Self-Serve accounts and no new Activations during last weekend's scheduled system maintenance, announced here.  Did your Activation fail during this period, and did you then attempt to communicate with PM during this period?  If so, your messages may have been lost in the ether.

slads

Yes that's what I figured ... promo = lots of new activations = lots more failures than usual = cant keep up.

Hence my suggestion to communicate.

Something as simple as "we are sorry but we have a problem with X.....it will take X days to fix... meanwhile we will credit you $x goodwill for the inconvenience"

Not communicating is a classic way of getting customers more riled up. Just ask anyone waiting on a delayed flight with no information forthcoming.

There again proper planning for a promotion prevents poor performance!

Yep, @suno more like a week I think if anything goes awry:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/ACTIVATION-BLUES-repost-so-more-will-s...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CollieWallie

What is the problem so? Going into day 9 tomorrow....zero from any mods since Friday. Nothing over the weekend...nothing today. Not even on facebook. If they even said, look....we're swamped. Stick with us...but nothing....from anyone. To compound it seeing Mods fixing peoples issues that only raised the conccern on Friday/Saturday...and mine still in limbo from Wednesday. Beyond angry at this stage.

suno
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can throw out that 24-48 hour response promise out the window until at least Nov.25. 

The mods are so backed up and it will only get worse because last week to sign up for this $40 plan.

slads

Yes I thought of that but then it shouldnt take 4 days with nothing happening rather than the 24-48 hours response they promise. 

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As much as it seems widespread.  The number of people having problems vs people that didn't have problems is exaggerated in the forum because only people with problems will be posting on here.  If you didn't have any problems, why would you come onto the forum to say so?  Because of this you can't really judge how widespread the problem is unless you know how many activations they have in a day.  Just looking at reddlagdeals, there's a lot of people that have reported success there.  There was even a thread on Reddit about this plan with many people reporting successful ports as well.  Myself, I had no problems porting last weekend when others did.  I just don't think it's fair to judge based on the forum. 

Need Help? Let's chat.