cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is automatic top up?

niferwee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just curious since I checked my payment's history after it auto-renewed and there was a section that says automatic top up for $94 under the credit section. 

10 REPLIES 10

Fl0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Done and done! thanks! 

HI @Fl0 

no worry about auto payment.  Most of us using that.  

yes, some duplicated payment posts occasionally. But I can tell for sure 99% of those work.  You see some posts complaining because for any forum, people usually come to complain, the quiet one won't come and make a post saying everything works.   

So, no worry, just start Autopay.  If you are worry, keep the habbit or checking your credit card statemetn, which you should be doing it all the time for all your other payments anyway

Fl0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was also curious and actually a bit scared of seeing another charge in my payment history. But it definitely seems like "Auto pay", because it exactly the amount of my plan minus a discount that I had earned by using a referral code. 

niferwee

@SD08

OH okay okay makes sense now. Thank you! 

@ShawnC13

Yes, I think I overpayed in the previous month which is why I have $20 extra. 

@niferwee, did you cut some of the picture out as it doesn't look like it balances unless you had $20 in referrals and community rewards

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@niferwee

That's because your Fall Promo plan consists of these items:
(check PM's plans page, you'll see this is what each item costs on its own)
90-day pass (base plan) $25
Unlimited Provincial Talk $51
Unlimited International Text $45
12GB Data $125
Fall 2016 Promo discount -$126
Add them all up and it comes to net cost=$120, which is the 90-day cost of your promo plan. 

niferwee

@SD08

@Luddite

Ah, okay that makes sense but why does it also say "fall 2016 promotion - $126" under the credit column? I uploaded a screen shot for clarification. 

http://imgur.com/a/p07Vh

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, as @Luddite mentioned, automatic top-up is the payment taken upon renewal. Take the amount listed as automatic top-up in your payment history, add your applicable federal and provincial taxes, and that is the amount that shows up on your credit card.

Automatic top-up is the "name" given by Public Mobile to a payment taken automatically to renew your plan at expiry. So, turning on "autopay" creates "automatic top-ups" in your record of payment. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Do you mean auto pay?  I have never heard of it being referred to as auto top up.  Anyway, auto pay works as advertised.  At renewal time, the cost of the plan + taxes are taken from a credit card in the account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.