cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

Aye
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I buy US Roaming - 3GB Data, can I make phone calls with that or do I have to buy US Roam-Talk Txt 3 GB Data or can I still use my Canadian Subscription to make the Phone calls in the States in the first one, (US Roaming).

6 REPLIES 6

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Aye The $30 roaming add-on includes talk and text, in addition to 3GB of data. For phone calls to work you need a compatible phone that works with VoLTE though:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

Aye

Thanks for that. I will check it out.

Aye

And my Canadian subscription would not do for the phone calls and the US data only would be used for the roaming.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Aye 

If you wanted talk text and data, you'd have to purchase that add on. Now, depending on what plan you have now, and depending on how many times you attend the US, with the plan you have now vs the $39 Can/US plan, would you see value in upgrading your plan?

I myself was on the $34 Can/US plan with 50GB of data. I was just in the states recently and used just over 5GB of data and talked/texted a lot to back home. To me, that plan had value at the time. Just thought I'd ask.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Aye you need to buy a roaming add-on that includes Talk.

but what phone do you have?? some older phones might need to use T-Mobile 2G network for calls and that is not very reliable 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Aye  You need the talk text to make voice calls 

Need Help? Let's chat.