cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with porting number to public mobile

Kan3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Within the last hour I subscribed to Public Mobile and ported my number from FIDO. I haven't received the text message yet to complete the porting. Please advise what I can do to resolve. I entered the IMEI number during porting. I also provided an alternate contact number. Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

EhSian

Login to PM and submit a ticket.  Somebody will reply and eventually reinstate the porting request.

Just make sure to keep checking your email for when they reply because you have 90 minutes from that time to call you’re previous carrier to approve the porting

@Quintinnl 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Quintinnl

I’m having a similar error. I submitted the info for porting, got the confirmation text from Fido, replied yes and then got a text from public mobile saying someone will contact me shortly but I got nothing. Is there a number I can call to fix this?

Kan3

Thanks for reaching out!

I figured out to keep the previous SIM from FIDO active until I got the transfer text. So after 3 hours, data and voice worked. SMS did not. This morning, I deleted all SIMs except public mobile and restarted the phone and the SMS now works. Let's see how the service is going forward. Fingers crossed.

EhSian

SIMILIAR BUT RESOLVED on Iphone Xs.  When my wife ported, she received the text from FIDO, replied YES and the Fido eSim automatically disabled and removed from the phone.  Shortly after, we get a text from PM that the porting failed.

The account was stuck in mid-porting.  Calls would go to voicemail, but she can get data and make calls.

TO RESOLVE,  Submitted ticket to PM.  PM sent request again to Fido.  Since I couldn't get the text anymore since the account was disabled/removed from phone, I had 90 minutes to LIVE chat on Fido to tell them the porting was happening.  Fido live chat approved it, and we had to wait about 1 hour before PM was finally able to finalize everything.  

Kan3

Thank you. That was the problem. Once I installed the e-sim, it turned off Fido sim so I never got the transfer message.

Kan3

Thank you! The voice calls now work with my phone number displayed. The sms/text is not working. Just waiting for that.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Nothing has been confirmed by public mobile yet. However, since Saturday there's been multiple users , multiple people indicating that they are not getting text messages. So it is possible that you will not receive the SMS from Fido. Get your account number, call Fido on the phone and ask them if they are able to manually approve the transfer. Then call the number your were provided with.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Kan3 

Using the IMEI number has always been an issue here. I'll send you a private message with a number to call to help with the port. Top right corner of this page.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1712608535992.png

Need Help? Let's chat.