cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer 2GB bonus to another number

hn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lucked out a few months ago when there was a 2GB bonus for new activations $35+ and my dad was visiting from overseas. I got him the 2GB bonus but now he's gone back and doesn't need a Canadian SIM. Is there any way I can take advantage of the plan with the bonus while using my own phone number?

I don't want to pay for a phone plan I don't use but I also don't want to change my number to my dad's. Any ideas appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@hn 

You didn't specifically mention in your original post that YOU are a customer of Public Mobile.  (though, that may be inferred based on your Community entrance date... )

If you AREN'T a current customer, you could port your number from that other provider INTO your Dad's PM account using the Change Number feature.

This way, you KEEP your number, however would lose out on whatever service provider you're with (if NOT Public Mobile)

HALIMACS_0-1646593993362.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hn wrote:

Hi,

I lucked out a few months ago when there was a 2GB bonus for new activations $35+ and my dad was visiting from overseas. I got him the 2GB bonus but now he's gone back and doesn't need a Canadian SIM. Is there any way I can take advantage of the plan with the bonus while using my own phone number?

I don't want to pay for a phone plan I don't use but I also don't want to change my number to my dad's. Any ideas appreciated!

@hn  - if you don't mind taking over your Dad's phone number, take his plan, and let yours go into suspended/nonpay status (it will close automatically in after 90 days in this status).

But, if your current account has loyalty and other rewards, then would it be worth it to take his on?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hn 

What plan are you on now? Are there any rewards paying down your plan? If you are on or switch to the $15 plan and it's reduced by rewards you can use the extra sim card as a "data" plan. Easier with a dual SIM phone but you could call forward your number to your dad's and leave your sim card out of the phone or in another device like an old back up one....or hotspot the data from your dad's sim card in the other phone.

You can also suspend your dad's account (or yours) for up to 89 days and reactivate by then (or the account will be cancelled and the number lost) or earlier when you need extra data like in summer while on holiday. Many of us already do this great deals we got that we couldn't resist activating another plan.

Suspending won't affect that data bonus as I have already suspended a plan for nearly 60 days with a recurring plan data bonus and it was still there when I reactivated it. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern the evening before renewal will also keep your voicemail active during suspension.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@hn, sorry there isn't.  You can't switch PM numbers between different PM accounts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@hn Your own plan is with PM, too?  No, there is no way to swap 2 numbers in 2 PM accounts.

The only way is to port out your own number to another provider and then do a request porting in from your Dad's account and request to port in the account that you just ported out.

Yes, there might be some cost associated with it.  Possible the SIM card for the provider that you try to port out (could be $10 but possibly some in store can give it to you for free), and the cost for that provider you port out temporary. For most provider, minimum  plan cost would be $15 , you can try to port out to Lucky or Chatr (actually Lucky sim is $4 only in Dollarama, I think)

Need Help? Let's chat.