cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to a can-us plan and going back to original plan

Ohnokiki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - I am traveling to the us for a two week period in February. I originally thought to add the roaming add on but would prefer access to 4G data that the Canada/us plan offers  I would switch back to a regular plan upon my return. I have a very nice plan currently that was a Black Friday offer. I’m assuming I cannot return to my original plan? Has anyone navigated this recently? 

4 REPLIES 4

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Ohnokiki You'll get the same speed your core plan has. So if your BF plan is 4G, you'll get those speeds in the US. The roaming add-in is better in your situation, because if you actually change your plan you won't get your BF plan back. To @softech's point, don't use 5G in the US though, as it doesn't work on AT&T; set your phone to 4G preferred.

@Ohnokiki yes, in fact you might be able to use 5G too.  But using 5G could be troublesome, so I suggest to stay with 4G

Ohnokiki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh really. I thought I read otherwise but if that’s the case the roaming add on is likely sufficient. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ohnokiki 

yes, you can only select the current available plan when making plan change.  So, if you choose a Canada US plan, you won't get back the Black Friday plan you had

But US roaming add-on also allows you to use 4G or LTE network in US. 

Need Help? Let's chat.