cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Carrier Issue: Identity Verification for LinkedIn by CLEAR

Maoussenono
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the same situation as the original poster here. My number was never a landline, it was ported months ago from Fizz mobile.

Tried to talk to Clear support. They had no answer except saying that my number needed to be tied to my name and birth date. 

How do I get it cleared? Is it something someone at PM can do? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Maoussenono 

I simply asked for some clarity on your question. I did read it, yes. This is a Public Mobile Community Forum...we don't work for PM or LinkedIn. Just asked for additional info to respond correctly...but sounds like others have given you some info you can use. Be well !

Maoussenono
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please read the thread. my question is not about porting my number. thank you. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Maoussenono 

Looks like other PM customers have the same issue.  

Here is another thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Do-I-have-to-leave-Public-Mobile-in-order...

I don't think that Public mobile can do anything about it.  Problem with Public mobile is that PM has no contract, does not check ID for verification (credit check) and it is prepaid.  

Seems like Clear me requires postpaid plan that verifies identity?

Let us know if you find a solution for other customers.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Maoussenono 

did you request the porting over a month ago?  Porting request will only sit there for a month and will be cancelled after a month.

if it has been over a month, you will need to re-request on your My Account.  Login to My Account, Profile , click Transfer phone number.  Enter the phone number and the account number for Fizz

On PM side, it does not ened your birth date.  So, if anyone tells you the birth date, it is not PM that needs it.  After you submitted the port request, wait a date and call Fizz and ask them if they got he request. Please also remember porting from landline will take a week or so to complete

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Maoussenono 

some clarification please. Is the phone no longer working ? What / who is Clear support...they have nothing to do with PM. If your number was successfully ported from Fizz, has it worked ok until now ? More and clearer detail please.

Need Help? Let's chat.