cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile will not accept Visa Debit

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The issue from this thread is back:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Does-Visa-Debit-work-with-Public-Mobile/m...

I was able to change it to Visa Debit, but it stopped working, the service is suspended and it gives me an error when i tried to pay manually: Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.

The card is fine, the account has lots of money in it, it just won't process payment.

How do i make this work and stop screwing up?

40 REPLIES 40

HI @G6   You tried using Incognito mode or tried a different browser?

If tried both and still failing, you will need to open ticket with CS agent and they can help:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by Typing: cannot process payment
then Click "Credit Card or Visa Debit"
now Click " More Tips"
next Click "Continue"
then click "contact Us" ,
and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket."

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

G6

I'm laughing/angry at this on the website:

"Did you know? With pre-authorized payments, never worry about paying your bill. Plus enjoy bonus data on eligible plans."

Never worry my ass.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

For now...get payment vouchers at Shell Gas or Walmart...then dial 611 to add 'em to the account.

Alternative...try recharge.com or ding.com. Quick and reliable but they do have a small user fee...not too bad though.

G6

@thomask wrote:

One thing to keep an eye on, is occasionally when I go to pay manually, it errors because the browser itself is not up to date.

weird but true. Makes sense too when you wanna be as secure as you can.

Firefox is up to date, just checked.

Plus it was already set as preauthorized payment but it won't process it.

G6

@hairbag1 wrote:

You can also dial 611 to make payment with your on-file card...you'll need your PM pin number.

Its a relative's phone, i don't have it on me.

thomask

One thing to keep an eye on, is occasionally when I go to pay manually, it errors because the browser itself is not up to date.

weird but true. Makes sense too when you wanna be as secure as you can.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can also dial 611 to make payment with your on-file card...you'll need your PM pin number.

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @G6 

no worry, it likely not your Visa Debit issue but PM System

Try to use a desktop computer or laptop computer to make payment

Try to use Custom Amount instead of Amount Due to make the payment

Its obviously PM's system but it was already set as pre authorized payment, it failed to autopay and it won't let me do it manually.

I am on a desktop and Firefox.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Keep an eye on your bank records to make sure payment didn't actually go through.

Otherwise try again in an hour. Clear cache files, try a different web browser...I use Firefox and seems to be ok.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @G6 

no worry, it likely not your Visa Debit issue but PM System

Try to use a desktop computer or laptop computer to make payment

Try to use Custom Amount instead of Amount Due to make the payment

Need Help? Let's chat.