cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile will not accept Visa Debit

G6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The issue from this thread is back:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Does-Visa-Debit-work-with-Public-Mobile/m...

I was able to change it to Visa Debit, but it stopped working, the service is suspended and it gives me an error when i tried to pay manually: Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.

The card is fine, the account has lots of money in it, it just won't process payment.

How do i make this work and stop screwing up?

40 REPLIES 40

G6

Restarting the computer didn't work so i thought i'd try password reset, no e-mail came and it went from 3 to zero attempts remaining without me even trying one.

I thought Bell and Rogers are terrible, they can at least take your money most of the time.

WTF IS GOING ON HERE !?!?!?!?!?!?

G6

It gets even better, i had got a popup asking for feedback on the community, so i filled it out and then got this error

Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication.
Return to my original page

What on earth is wrong with this company?

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @G6  the sign in error could be just browser or cache

I had this on and off.  Using Incognito mode or changing to another browser got me back on.

Tried Firefox and Chrome, both in incognito.

I'm assuming they are having an outage and this is just more bad luck.

HI @G6  the sign in error could be just browser or cache

I had this on and off.  Using Incognito mode or changing to another browser got me back on.

G6

I don't understand Public Mobile, i decided to try another credit card which i really didn't want to do and now get this error when trying to sign in.

Screenshot 2022-07-20 at 16-25-22 https __selfserve.publicmobile.ca.png

I am seriously considering finding another provider, this is insane 😭

G6

@dust2dust wrote:

I know you didn't like the idea of paying a little extra for an online voucher but you could at least get your services working sooner than dealing with the support people. Then deal with the support people with a working service.

Is your Visa Debit from Tangerine?

Adding - and you can buy vouchers in lots of stores and not pay extra fees.

The Visa Debit is with TD.

I know you didn't like the idea of paying a little extra for an online voucher but you could at least get your services working sooner than dealing with the support people. Then deal with the support people with a working service.

Is your Visa Debit from Tangerine?

Adding - and you can buy vouchers in lots of stores and not pay extra fees.

G6

@G6 wrote:

Yeah i opened the ticket but thats also confusing

"Please try to log into you community account and contact us by private message.

It's in order to protect your personal information."

The only way to receive this is to already be logged in. So no need to tell me to do what is already done and that i could not have received without already being logged in.

I am perplexed by this strange company that is called Public Mobile.

Or is there somewhere else i am supposed to log into after receiving that message?

G6

Yeah i opened the ticket but thats also confusing

"Please try to log into you community account and contact us by private message.

It's in order to protect your personal information."

The only way to receive this is to already be logged in. So no need to tell me to do what is already done and that i could not have received without already being logged in.

I am perplexed by this strange company that is called Public Mobile.

@G6 wrote:

I don't care about free month, it still will not accept the Visa Debit card for payment, hence this thread 😞

HI @G6   You said you opened the ticket with CS agent?

Just wait for the reply, check the Community inbox often, they reply you there, not via email

G6

@dust2dust wrote:

Jeez. The plot thickens. Not according to the payment history here. So if you're not entitled to any promo then I guess it's all square. Now we're at July 15th and why you're here. Were you ever able to make that $25 payment?

I don't care about free month, it still will not accept the Visa Debit card for payment, hence this thread 😞

Jeez. The plot thickens. Not according to the payment history here. So if you're not entitled to any promo then I guess it's all square. Now we're at July 15th and why you're here. Were you ever able to make that $25 payment?

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @G6  how the bank statement different?  remember PM add tax on top

You would see a charge on May 16, could be $15 + tax

then no charge on Jun 15 because you have that one month free

then July 15, but you said it didn't automatically top up on July 15?  Then it would depends on how much you topped up.  Again, whatever you tried to top up, PM will add tax on top

According to the bank statement it was charged on June 15th. It may say free month but it was billed.

I added more to the previous post after your payment history.

The June 3rd credit would suggest otherwise. You got some kind of free month promo credit apparently unknown to you and out of the blue. How nice.

HI @G6  how the bank statement different?  remember PM add tax on top

You would see a charge on May 16, could be $15 + tax

then no charge on Jun 15 because you have that one month free

then July 15, but you said it didn't automatically top up on July 15?  Then it would depends on how much you topped up.  Again, whatever you tried to top up, PM will add tax on top

G6

@dust2dust wrote:

Looks like you got the $25 credit. Did you sign up through an online retailer that had that promo? That wasn't a generally available promo. That would suggest your plan is $25.

Yes its the $25 plan and it was done at Walmart and there was no promo, that came out of nowhere as each month has been billed. There was no free month.

Looks like you got the $25 credit. Did you sign up through an online retailer that had that promo? That wasn't a generally available promo. That would suggest your plan is $25.

Adding - your payment history looks right. So what happened on July 15th? Because you are evidently on autopay as shown with the May 16th payment description. I guess that's why you're here as perhaps the autopay failed. So you need to add $25 to reactivate the account.

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

@G6 wrote:

Signed up Apr 16th 2022

We never got a free month but on the payment history it says:

Jun 03, 2022

One month freeCredit$25.00Available Funds Balance: $25.00

You have $25 in the Available Fund now.  

How much is your plan?  if your plan is $35, then you just have to top up $10  and the system will charge you $10+tax

Currently there is zero available. Its the $25 plan.

Here is the full history though it does not agree with the bank statements

Jun 15, 2022

1GB at 3G SpeedDebit-$15.00Available Funds Balance: $0.00
30-day planDebit-$10.00Available Funds Balance: $15.00

Jun 03, 2022

May 16, 2022

1GB at 3G SpeedDebit-$15.00Available Funds Balance: $0.00
30-day planDebit-$10.00Available Funds Balance: $15.00
Automatic Top-UpCredit$15.00Available Funds Balance: $25.00

@G6 wrote:

Signed up Apr 16th 2022

Jun 03, 2022

You have $25 in the Available Fund now.  

How much is your plan?  if your plan is $35, then you just have to top up $10  and the system will charge you $10+tax

G6

I submitted the ticket, hopefully it accepts my numbers as they are all over the place because they don't agree with each other on PM's end.

To get it to submit i had to add some zeros to the account number. No idea if it will accept them.

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @G6   The $10 referral discount or one month free will appears in your account as Available fund.  If you go to your account, Payment page, do you see any amount showing as Available Fund?

(When did you join PM?  how you get the 1 month free?  I don't see that promotion for long time)

Signed up Apr 16th 2022

Jun 03, 2022

HI @G6   The $10 referral discount or one month free will appears in your account as Available fund.  If you go to your account, Payment page, do you see any amount showing as Available Fund?

(When did you join PM?  how you get the 1 month free?  I don't see that promotion for long time)

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

@G6 wrote:

Does it want last payment with tax or without, when i look up payment history it only shows before tax.

HI @G6   just put the pre-tax amount and PM will add tax in the final transaction

So, if you have a $25 plan, put $25, PM will then add tax on top and charge your Visa Debit $25+tax 

Its even more complicated, the online system does not show the $10 referral discount, and it says 1 month free credit which was not received (and i didn't even know about till now) as it charged 16.95 two weeks later.

And i still don't know how to put in the requested account number, the number of digits differ, it wants 9 digits, the account number is 14 digits.

What is up with PM?

@G6 wrote:

Does it want last payment with tax or without, when i look up payment history it only shows before tax.

HI @G6   just put the pre-tax amount and PM will add tax in the final transaction

So, if you have a $25 plan, put $25, PM will then add tax on top and charge your Visa Debit $25+tax 

G6

G6

Something is messed up here, when signing up it would not accept the card, the guy at Walmart tried putting in the apartment number.

So i got help and fixed it in the last thread.

It didn't stay fixed, it stopped working for no discernible reason.

The card number and expiry and CVV are correct, the account has more than enough cash and overdraft protection.

G6

What do i put down as account number, it wants a 9 digit account number, the account number listed is 14 digits

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try adding $1 to the Available Funds to see if that works.

Autopay isn't perfect...but a large percentage of the time, the problem is on the customers end of things.

G6

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @G6   You tried using Incognito mode or tried a different browser?

If tried both and still failing, you will need to open ticket with CS agent and they can help:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

start by Typing: cannot process payment
then Click "Credit Card or Visa Debit"
now Click " More Tips"
next Click "Continue"
then click "contact Us" ,
and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket."

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Doing this now

G6

@hairbag1 wrote:

For now...get payment vouchers at Shell Gas or Walmart...then dial 611 to add 'em to the account.

Alternative...try recharge.com or ding.com. Quick and reliable but they do have a small user fee...not too bad though.

I do not have this option.

Plus i have to pay a fee for PM's system error?

Need Help? Let's chat.