cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting

dan76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from TextNow to Public mobile several hours ago. I can call out but I can't send or receive calls or texts. I also got this once porting was supposedly complete: "Hey, it's Public Mobile. To successfully complete your number transfer request, please restart your phone. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!"

Yet ... nothing is working properly!

4 REPLIES 4

dan76

Yummy, TextNow allows porting (I'm a paying customer with TN); it also "partially" went through and then the PM message that it was done. But it's not. Only outgoing calls work. Though as pmbc says, it may not be fully ported yet; I'll wait a few more hours.

dan76

TextNow allows porting (I'm a paying customer with TN); it also "partially" went through and then the PM message that it was done. But it's not. Only outgoing calls work.

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dan76  It sounds like the port process isn't really finished.  I'd wait for a bit and retry inbound call.  It could take up to several hours to complete.  Have also read on here that there may be some issues with SMS and that PM can fix that up if you contact them.  You can send them a PM at this link,

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

TextNow is voip app, correct? No SIM?
So how will that work if you did not or cannot receive porting authorization SMS?

Need Help? Let's chat.