cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan suspended BUT "Your account has already enough balance."

SmiteMeOhGod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan was suspended after my payment didn't go through because I forgot to update my payment method. Phone doesn't work. So I go to make a payment through the site using my new payment method, select Amount Due, and when I click Submit I get the message that my account already has enough balance.

My Account Status says my plan has expired. But I am told to top up before Oct. 29.

I cannot reactivate my plan. I am assuming the only self-serve method I could use would be to activate a new plan, but even if I do that I get an HTTP Error.

16 REPLIES 16

DSElford

Okay, so we logged in again in a completely different browser (Edge instead of Chrome), and did the cancel/reactivate cycle again.  That did the trick.

Thanks for your help!  Hoping Public Mobile gets this glitch fixed soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DSElford : What is the pay before date up top? If it's the future then do the Suspend, then log out, then use the link again and Resume, then restart the phone or maybe even just airplane mode.

DSElford

Is there a moderator that can help?  We need to have a phone to use!

DSElford

The link takes me to the Suspend page.  I clicked it and then reactivated it, but there was no change with the Suspended Account.  

I clicked Reactivate Current Plan, with no change.  

When I click Change Plans, there are no options at all, and I can't even see my current plan ...?

Can't make calls at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DSElford : Does this link work? You'd need to be logged in.

DSElford

Same problem, but clicking Plans & Add Ons takes me to a broken link page.

What should I do?

@SmiteMeOhGod 

As per @Anonymous 's warning.....this will only affect your rewards if lost/stolen was used with active service. If it was used to force the system to take your payment and reactivate your service then you are good to go....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmiteMeOhGod : If you have rewards coming your way then they may get interrupted next renewal. You may need to ask to have them added.

@SmiteMeOhGod 

As long as you are up and running that is what is important.......and vaccinated that's important too !

Double moderna-ed myself.

SmiteMeOhGod

OK. I think the Lost/Stolen Functionality and all that actually worked so I've accepted it as solution. I did end up logging out and clearing my cookies/cache before I got any changes on the webpage regarding the amount due. But it worked!

SmiteMeOhGod

I'm double-vaxxed, and still wear a mask even outdoors if I'm in an area where people are known to congregate. Delta hotspot.

SmiteMeOhGod

Was trying the Lost/Stolen option, but as I just turned my phone option off I realized I removed my payment method after updating the original and it not working. So I'll see through the Lost/Stolen thing now, and if it doesn't work I'll try the other suggestion of waiting it out if the payment doesn't go through.

@SmiteMeOhGod 

Choose other amount. Otherwise follow this....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

softech
Oracle
Oracle

For the HTTP Error.. "My Account" was not running perfectly today.  I was able to get to some part of the site but some other part gave me error.

It's ok for me now.  So, maybe try now.  Also try with another browser or even from another machine, then see if Reactivate current plan option is there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SmiteMeOhGod 

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the Lost/stolen function to Suspend then Resume the account.

Are you wishing to be smitten by this virus? If you believe in such things then there's where you can lay blame.

Need Help? Let's chat.