cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls

SusanK2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Despite having activated my account on Saturday, I cannot receive or make any Telephone calls… is this normal?  

13 REPLIES 13

self solution removed

@SusanK2024 

I think that @Phil_Adelphus initially suggested putting the PM sim in your phone...you might wanna edit your SOLUTION and provide it to him...I'm sure it would make him happy to know you got it going with his suggestion.  Welcome to PM.

SusanK2024

When I transferred it all on Saturday, it said wait for a message saying to insert my new SIM card.  I never got a message saying that.  Suddenly dawns on me that I hadn’t put the new SIM card in yet. Have just done that… all working just fine now!  Sorry for not realizing sooner…Thank you so much for all your replies!  

@SusanK2024   The number for support is only for issues with transferring your number to Public Mobile from a previous provider.  Since you can't call out or use data they may not be able to help in which case you need to contact customer support either by submitting a ticket at the chat/message icon bottom right of this page or send agents a private message using this link if the chatbot doesn't work.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

hi @SusanK2024 I sent you number to porting team already. Please check your community inbox here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

SusanK2024

Please send the number for support?

SusanK2024

SIM card is in correctly.  Says “call failed” when dialing from my “contacts”.  When inputting the same number, manually, same response

SusanK2024

Thanx… data not working… cellular data is enabled… I have rebooted my phone.  (didn’t know I was supposed to do that but done now)

@SusanK2024   You can tell if data is working by turning off wifi and trying to Google something.  You also have to have cellular data enabled on the phone if it isn't already.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SusanK2024   From your previous post, it is a physical sim card you have.  Did you reboot the phone after you had activated the account and after inserting the sim card?  Is the sim card the right way up?  Is the phone giving you any kind of message, like "no service" or "SOS"?

SusanK2024

Texting works… not sure how I know if Data working?  Cannot dial 611. Doesn’t work. Will try rebooting my phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@SusanK2024 

can you advise if texting or data works?

sometimes easy fixes include rebooting your device, resetting network connections, or toggling airplane mode on and off.

when you dial 611 from the device, what messaging do you hear about the account status?

you might also want to troubleshoot the Sim card in another device, if it’s not an eSIM you’re using.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @SusanK2024 you ported the number??

sound like the number not ported yet.  But check with PM porting support team and confirm.   I will send you the number to PM Porting support team  Please check your community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.