cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment dates

Arthir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I realize that the payment dates are every 30 days. But the implication on the plans indicate monthly. I mention this because the payment date for my plan has advanced 2 weeks since starting with public.  Does it indicate anywhere easily accessible  that the plans are not monthly?

9 REPLIES 9

Arthir

I had a look at wikipedia and yes you are correct have been on  30 day payments for at least 10 years. I guess because its not spelled out clearly, it seems deceptive.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The overview page when you login will show you the date range of the current plan. From 12:01am eastern of the start date to 11:59pm eastern of the second date. You will also get texts from here "warning" you of the upcoming renewal. You will get success texts afterwards.

You have been shown 2 places where you'll see mention of 30 days.

Many prepaid services are 30 days. And yes the renewal date floats up as the months go by. It's about 5 years until it wraps around and back to the day you activated.

Hi @Arthir  it is not something new, they have been on 30 day cycles for long time,  may even be from the beginning

if you are not satisfied,  consider other Tier 3 providers,  they are on monthly 

Arthir

I guess my question now is what action can I take to get some satisfaction.

Arthir

It seems that by billing every 30 days, they get  5% more per year from every account holder.  Multiply that by how many users? Hundreds of thousands? 

Arthir

I can't find it anywhere.  Please tell me where to find it

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Arthir   You're right that there's no mention of the PM plans being 30 days in their plan details.  I see one mention of 30 days on their pre-authorized payment suggestions, however, in the next paragraph, there's also a reference to "monthly".   Like too many things around this place, there's a lack of clarity and can be confusing.  Alas!

Pre-authorized Payments

What are pre-authorized payments? By opting into pre-authorized payments you authorize Public Mobile to charge your credit card or Visa Debit card directly every 30 days to automatically continue your service . What are the benefits? With pre-authorized payments, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your service will automatically continue every month without having to remember to make a payment. For Old Public Rewards customers (who activated before January 25, 2022) you will also receive a $2 reward every 30 days as your Pre-Authorized Payment Reward.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

dust2dust_0-1658080523117.png

But you're right, it does seem a little hard to find. Even down in fine print it doesn't seem to be mentioned. Odd.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Arthir yes, it's 30 days and not monthly.  I think the web page shows 30 days  too

Need Help? Let's chat.