cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUK code needed to unlock the phone

antchan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have just joined Public Mobile, and when I unlock my phone with a incorrect unlock code the phone becomes locked up and asking for the PUK code.

Can someone help me get the PUK code?  I have sent an PM to Mary but I'm not sure if this is the right way of contacting Public Mobile for assistance.

Thanks

Anthony

11 REPLIES 11

@antchan Really annoying! So you mean you could not even get the phone connected to wifi?

How did all this happen with a phone that should have been unlocked?

Trust you have a spare phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

antchan

spent a full hour on the phone with Samsung support, no luck.  They can't even unlock their phone using the unlock codes they provided.

I took the phone to the authorized service center to have it unlock by them...

won't see my phone for the next few days.

@antchan How are you making out?

I found this article reviewing the use, setup, and PUK code. http://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-protect-your-android-sim-card-with-sim-pin-lock/

Would seem someone tried set up a SIM lock on your PM SIM, likely by accident, thinking it would improve security. When the Default SIM PIN was requested, three tries then blocked it. This, as your reported message indicates, can only be unblocked with a PUK code.

Mary can provide this; just keep working with her.

Hang in there. You'll eventually get it fixed.

I think your phone was sold to you unlocked. I suggest you remove the sim for a few minutes, then install, reboot the phone and tell us what message appears on the phone.

Was the phone ever used on another network? I am not familiar with Android, but some iPhones (not from Apple stores) will lock to the first carrier SIM installed in the phone.

Has Mary already assisted you and resolved the problem?

antchan
samsung.ca

@antchan wrote:
I got this message when I was trying to unlock my phone. The unlock code could be incorrectly provided to me by the phone manufacturer.

@antchan Sadly then there is nothing we can do to assist you. Just be careful you do do not try more than once before confirming the unlock code. If you try too many times the phone will never function without major intervention; I do not know hwo that may be.

Where did you purchase the phone?

antchan
I got this message when I was trying to unlock my phone. The unlock code could be incorrectly provided to me by the phone manufacturer.

@antchan For clarity and to help others, did you get this message when you were trying to unlock your phone, or after you already had service and tried entering a PIN number wrong several times?

PUK code unlocks a SIM card but does not unlock the phone itself.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @antchan

I understand that your device is asking for a PUK code. 

This is actually a code that is linked directly to your SIM card number. Rest assured that I have received your private message and I will be providing you with the necessary information shortly!

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @antchan

Here is the link for you to unlock your phone.I hope it works. Just in case, Mary is rest tomorrow, you also can contact @Shazia_K and @Saray_O for help. Thanks

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237

Need Help? Let's chat.