cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming phone calls

thenbrey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated my phone/account and can not receive incoming calls.  Everything else is fine including outgoing calls.  Is this because I have not cancelled with my old provider?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can use your old sim. It will receive calls.  

Porting is complete once you get an sms saying so.

If after a couple hours still not working the message the mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

thenbrey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your quick response.  I activated maybe an hour or two ago.  I'll give it a few more hours and then try an incoming call again.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

if you used the port your number out from PM, then your account with the old provider would be closed automatically.  how long has it been since you ported?  you may need to get a mod's assistance if the problem presist for 5-6 hrs.

Sending a message to the mod teams:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@thenbrey welcome to PM!

If you have just activate your account and port in your old number, it may take up to a couple of hours for your port in process to get completed.

Once it is completed, you will be able to get incoming calls on your number.

Please do not cancel your old provider number/account.  You need that account/number in an activated form in order for your old nubmer to port in to PM.

Once the port in process is completed, your account with your old service provider will automatically be close.

Need Help? Let's chat.