cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly ported number not getting texts/calls

Jashuang99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just ported my number yesterday.  I'm able to send texts and make calls but not able to receive them.  It's been well over 12 hours.  I've restarted my cell a few times, but still no calls/texts coming in.  

Could anyone help please?  Much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Frank52
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jashuang99  I had a similar situation when I tried porting over from Chatr but was able to get it resolved when I called the porting team! I suggest contacting the number of the porting team. They should be able to help you 

amypublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Jashuang, 

I had the same problem yesterday. It turned out I had missed a step in the transfer process (responding to a text from my previous carrier confirming the transfer -- you must still have your original SIM card in the phone to receive this text). I responded to it and soon after got another message reinitiating the process. Not sure if that was prompted by my response or simply by the amount of time that elapsed, but either way I finished the process and no longer had this problem. I can receive calls fine now.

Hope that helps!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Jashuang99 

You can call Public Mobile porting team to provide the correct Info and get status update.  I will send you the porting team number.  Please check your Community inbox for my message

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jashuang99  I’ll send you porting Team number private message call them  and get it fixed 

check your in box or use this link to the the community inbox for number 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Need Help? Let's chat.