cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum active period between inactive periods?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I allowed my Legacy $40 (T&T&1GB) account to go inactive for a period and reactivated at the end of Feb. Payment is due in a couple of days.

I don't need it for another couple of weeks. Would it work to let it go inactive again on Mar 29? And would I have another 90 days to pay before the account is closed?

It would really only be about 2-3 weeks, but I'm worried there might be a requirement for more than 30 days active between 2 extended inactive periods.

Thanks!

=aw

4 REPLIES 4

ottawa

Thank you all for the replies. I understand from other threads that you can get away with only 10 days active but lose your plan. That's no great loss if you're on a current-market offering. Of course in my case I'm happy with the $40 I spent (the 90-day plans don't work as well for me, even if they net out to <$43/mo, which I don't know for sure). I'm not on auto-pay so I can pay whenever I want.

I suppose the only other consideration is it will cost $43 if I leave it for after Mar 31 (i.e. starting Apr 1) so I guess if I want it active on (say) Apr 3 it might be better to pay on Mar 31. OTOH if I don't need it until Apr 15 or even Apr 8, the $10/wk ($1.42/day) saving is greater than the $3/mo extra I pay the first month. Breakeven on that would would appear to be 3 days, and I can do that in my head even at 230am. 🙂

Thanks again!

=aw

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ottawa, to answer your question the minimum active period between inactive periods would be 10 days as that is the smallest plan availalbe.  BUT if you did that you would then be losing your Legacy plan and be on a new plan.  So to keep your Legacy plan you would just need to have that active for one period and then could go inactive again for the 89 days and re-activate then.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Raven_Jet
I agree with your information. Always better be safe and not leave things to the last minute. Plus, don't change anything or your legacy plan will go away.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You are correct. Any time the account is activated, it resets the 90 day count for reactivation to begin from the expiry date of your latest subscription.  Actually, I believe the 90th day results in account removal, so it's really only 89 days.  (Others may correct me if I'm wrong.)  Just be sure you don't make any changes to a different plan, or you will lose the legacy plan forever.

Need Help? Let's chat.