cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out for way more than an hour and esim transfer

4star601
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been locked out of my spouse's account for more than an hour.

Trying to transfer an esim on an iphone to a new android motorola 5g stylus (2023).

Locked out after a couple of login attempts and also wondering if I can get the transfer to the new pohone done!

13 REPLIES 13

4star601

At least four people ..

4star601

A week later and still locked out. 4-5 people and then a ticket and still locked out.  Lucky the number is still working. If it was a problem with a non-working number I would be gone so far away from Public Mobile.

At least for people over many days asked for the same info on the ticket and still nowhere. No coordination at all.  Really cannot call it service.

4star601

verybody getting bravos and I am still locked out and getting nowhere.

4star601

Sent a private message. Was instructed to have wife create new community account.  Did that.  Was told to wait one hour and redo the above stuff. Its been 24 hours+ and nothing is unlocked or resolved.  Cleared cache, tried incognito, tried APP, discussed with two supposed CSR's and nada, nada, nada.  WTH

4star601

When locked out you can do none of this!  Thanks anyway. Already have the app. Already did it on the Iphone.  Just need to unlock and get a new esim and same number on Android.

4star601

sent

@hairbag1- It's basically like the change sim function. In the app, buy the esim and it changes to the esim in the background and applies it to the phone.
As far as I know anyway 🙂

@softech 

what are the steps to activate the new esim on a different phone...but op wants to transfer number to new phone ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@4star601 

For eSIM with new phone, you have to re-buy a new one for $5.  
Yes,  while eSIM is "cool", there are disadvantages as well.  For eSIM, if you have a new phone, or if you ever wipe your phone, you will have to re-buy a new eSIM again.   There is no such problem with Physical sim card.

To rebuy new eSIM, First, download the app on your new phone

Since you need to login , wait a full hour and try again. If login issue persists,please engage support to sort out the login issue firet

Once you can login, click   or    at the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@4star601 , unfortunately you would need to download the Public Mobile app onto the phone you want to install the eSIM onto & purchase eSIM for that phone for $5!

• Log in to the Public Mobile app to the account you want to install the eSIM on that phone, select + symbol on bottom left, go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’,

After CS_Agent helps you get back into the account!

Edit: Fixed typo!

4star601

I'm fine with a new esim just need to transfer number to new phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@4star601 

you can't transfer esims between phones. They a 1 shot item. You'd need a new esim for new phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@4star601  Please submit ticket with support to help fix 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.