cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with phone accessing data on LTE network.

swz5005
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello Everyone,

I suddenly have no access to data on LTE network even though my phone have full signal and the LTE sign. I have checked my account, I have plenty of data left to be used. I have tried to restart phone, and reset network setting and they do not work.

I am able to receive phone calls and texts without any issues.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Shawn

15 REPLIES 15

@swz5005 

Well you have been here awhile so your sim card is no longer a spring chicken. Since you are getting no access to data in different locations or phones your sim card probably needs reprovisioning or could be just wearing out. If after the moderators try reprovisioning and an account reset your data cannot be accessed thru your phone then a new sim card may be in order.

Do you know someone else with public mobile that you could test their sim card in your phone and vice versa? That would confirm if you probably have a failing sim card issue....you may want to order or purchase a new sim card as a back up even if reprovisioning works.

You probably already know how to contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble....

@swz5005  it should show you how many mb used and how many you have in your plan.

I have 1GB  in my plan , i have something like

500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed         225.357  /  1024 MB

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@swz5005 

When you login, the main page should have your plan details listed, including Data used/available under "My Data & Addons".

You'll see what data allotment/addons you have... such as:

1GB at 3G speed         #Used / #Total

Can you confirm there is still data available?

swz5005

@softech, it just read amount used, does that mean I have ran out of data? But when i check my usage history, it only show about 1 GB used in the past 3 month... I should have 12GB.

BlueB

@swz5005 

Does wifi data work on your phone?  This will tell us if it's a phone- or data/account issue.

Have you double checked the APN settings on your phone?  (See my prior post on page 1...)

Do you know anybody with Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile @swz5005?  Check for outage reports on the Telus site:

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

If it's been 2 days, then it's possible it's with your phone/account.  You may want to open a ticket directly with a Moderator (staff) via the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner).  Any errors/messages when you log into My Account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@swz5005 : So an old 90 day plan? When did you last renew?

@swz5005   how much data left according to that line on the Overview Tab?

swz5005

@Anonymous, 12 GB on the data line for my plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@swz5005 : Do you see a data line under My Data & Add-ons on your overview page? Or are you looking at your phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jgaschnitz : Welcome to the Public Mobile Community. Good of you to jump in and start participating. There's no help to be had at 611. It's just automated minimal account stuff. Depositing money, buying add-ons, toggling autopay.

swz5005

It's been a couple of days already.

Any location so far.

no LTE or 3G

same issue on another phone.

Jgaschnitz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

1. Try Turning Cell Data off and on

2. Get your SIM card out of your phone and restart your Phone

3. Dial *611 to get help

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

BlueB

@swz5005 

Does wi-fi data work?  (Try restarting your phone again... sometimes that helps!)

Double check your APN settings to make sure it didn't suddenly change on you:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@swz5005  was it just today or has it been awhile?

Was it just LTE network issue?  So, if your force the network to 3G, data would work ?

You have another spare phone to test ?  If so, try putting your SIM there and see

Did you try another location other than where you have problem now

Need Help? Let's chat.