cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredibly Difficult to Create an Account

grog67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't know who came up with the account creation, "everclear" trash and login process, but it's the WORST I have encountered anywhere. Change it!!

I'm trying to get my son signed up but it's futile. It sends a code, and the code keeps saying "wrong code". Wow, this is really bad. In fact, I haven't signed in for a while, and it did the same thing to me. Fortunately, I had an account, he doesn't making it very difficult.

Look, I'll be clear. If he cannot get signed up by tomorrow, he'll move on to another provider. And I am not impressed.  I never had these problems at all when i was with Virgin mobile's self-serve. These problems are NOT worth the $10 a month I am saving. And if he cannot create an account then he'll stay with VM too.

Gary

10 REPLIES 10

@Luddite wrote:

Having observed several software changes at PM over the years I've concluded the PM customers are being used as beta testers. 😡🙏

now, we know why PM has 5G before Koodo 🙂

@grog67  It is sometimes painful to use the Public Mobile's processes. Though once activated the service seems as dependable as other carriers.
Having observed several software changes at PM over the years I've concluded the PM customers are being used as beta testers. 😡🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JosephineT

I think the problem is you need to setup via email before PM will mail you the sim. These information remained in cache memory and unless you clear it, it rejected you from continuing the subscription process. You will be able to continue once you clear the cache memory (delete browsing history). 

grog67

I find this whole process amazing. Here's a company that wants to run "support free" without a live agent, and no one if you call in. Yet, their login and account creation is so weak it's a joke. Look, banks manage secure logins on your desktop PC (don't use a phone app) and know your identity using your microprocessors' unique 24 byte GUID. And I think we all know how secure bank logins and access must be. But wait, this isn't good enough for public mobile? I deal with other online financial companies, like PC Financial, they use codes to validate. I've never seen it do the silliness I have like here tonight. So some deep soul searching is need by this company before they allow this reckless web slinging to go on. Enough said.

@grog67  What if you try the forgot password will it give you option to change password and sign in I’ve had to do this before and just reuse the same password as before if you want to or actually change it . If still no luck your gonna need to submit ticket with support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

grog67

That's funny, the APP results in exactly the same sequence of events.

@grog67  All new activations have to be in the app now , try the app and see what happens 

grog67

No, he's trying on Firefox browser, then Edge. Same result on both. So BAD! They must fix this problem by hiring real web designers, not losers. Unbelievably frustrating.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@grog67  Are you finishing the activation on the app . If no luck please  submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @grog67 

people got this issue but some can get it working by using Incognit/Private/secret mode on your browser

if not working still, please submit ticket with CS agent for help:

Need Help? Let's chat.