cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming caller id unknown

jduan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am new to Public Mobile and using a Huawei Y300 phone originally from Bell. It is unlocked. Everything works so far except caller id. It always displayed as unknown for every incoming calls.

I did some search. It appears that I need to ask Public Mobile to "disable name id as it interferes with caller id" Has anyone had this problem before? How to contact the support from Public Mobile to get this fixed? 

Thanks,

==========================================================

Solution from the link below - 

"You have to ask them to disable name id as it interferes with caller id. Its a known issue with non rogers/Fido branded phones being used on Rogers/fido"

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/huawei-ascend-y300-caller-id-issue-1467053/

3 REPLIES 3

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Check your Phone's setting to see if you turn on the feature to use Google's Caller ID and Spam.

@Dunkman wrote:

@jduan

Public Mobile does not show name ID (ie. caller name), just the phone number number.  Are you seeing the phone numbers or always UNKNOWN?   Roger/Fido has the name ID feature.  Telus/Public Mobile does not have name ID feature.  Is there something in your setting in your phone that you can change?

At one point, Public Mobile customers were receiving Name Display-like features. However, to my knowledge this was a one-way thing, with it only working in one direction - incoming.  Not too long ago, I noticed that this feature stopped working at Public.

I've never heard of a feature disabling incoming call display, and I can't think of any reason why anyone would ever want to.  The disabling of outgoing callier id is sometimes used as a privacy measure, but any such setting would have no effect on incoming calls.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jduan

Public Mobile does not show name ID (ie. caller name), just the phone number number.  Are you seeing the phone numbers or always UNKNOWN?   Roger/Fido has the name ID feature.  Telus/Public Mobile does not have name ID feature.  Is there something in your setting in your phone that you can change?

Need Help? Let's chat.