cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID

PW2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can see phone numbers of incoming calls, but caller ID (names of people and businesses) only seems to work for a few numbers, mostly those saved to my phone. 

4 REPLIES 4

PW2

I used to have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) and now have a Samsung Galaxy A34.  Is there a need to update/reset anything on PM's end on a phone switch?  I didn't notify.  Same SIM card, similar phone, much less caller ID capability.  I used to see business names of most incoming calls, now pretty much none.

@PW2 what phone you have. before and now??

Again, PM only send the numbers to your phone with caller id, it is up to your own contacts or the service on your phone for resolving the name , like Samsung phone uses Hiya service for free

PW2

I've seen this response before; however, I recently switched phones (an upgrade), and used to be able to see a lot more caller IDs than I do now. 

In browsing the forums, I've noticed someone say their account hadn't been fully activated, and had been reset by a tech somehow which solved their issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PW2 PM only provides number id and not name id

The name you see is either you have it already setup on the contacts or some phone like Samsung has a service to lookuo the name from the number.  So, there is really nothing more PM can do with the name lookup

Need Help? Let's chat.