cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see the port request form has been improved!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I was just looking at the port request form to check something, and notice it's been greatly clarified/improved and now looks like this:

ImprovedPortRequestForm.png

I'm not sure when the change was made, but this is much clearer than the previous version!  Thanks PM!   Thanks, @David_J @Brooke_C @Jeremy_M!     

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
12 REPLIES 12

Rockdaddy22
Speakout account number is your phone number, no dashes

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

(No spaces, No dashes) might also be helpful for Old Service Provider Account Number

@srlawren wrote:
 I think it's Chatr? But I don't remember 100% if that's the right one.

Yes, it's Chatr.  There's no way to get your Chatr account number unless you ask them for it.  I believe that Speakout and Petro Canada also make it a pain, with some reports of people being told that the account number is just the phone number, while I believe some other subscribers have been told by customers service that there is no account number.

mimmo

theoc198
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren Interesting. I would have though Chatr would share the same backend/account info the same way Fido does. 

srlawren
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Porting-issues-with-Chatr/m-p/121839/highli... @theoc198

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
@theoc198 I think it's Chatr? But I don't remember 100% if that's the right one.

theoc198

@srlawren

What carrier doesn't provide the account number? I've been with Rogers, Fido, Wind, and Bell and they all had account numbers easily accessible. 

srlawren
@theoc198 there is at least one carrier that makes it impossible to find the account number online and you have to call them to get it.

@mimmo please consider making a new thread in the Public Lab area for your suggestions. That's the only place PM accepts ideas for consideration...

theoc198

@mimmo

I agree. I switched over multiple lines with just the account number and account holder namer and never had a problem. 

I don't understand why someone would provide the IMEI or PIN instead of the account number which is easily found online. 

mimmo

I think they should reccomend using the account number as the primary verifier. 

also they should state to check  that the IMIE on their account is the same as thier phone.  It  might be different if new customers are not using the original phone provided to them by their service provider 

and maybe write "name exatly as shown on old service provider"

Rockdaddy22
Much better 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.