$120.00
/ 90-DAY
  • 12GB Data
  • 90-day plan
  • Unlimited International Text
  • Unlimited Provincial Talk

with these rewards

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 18-36-37 Dashboard.png

as well as a number of holiday addons and extra international mins.

Would I keep all my discounts and addons  if I moved to $34 5G plan or would I be throwing it all away? My wife has same plan same discounts.

Help an old guy out, I realize we would get way more data but that isn't as important as keeping costs down.....would it be better to move to a new plan or keep my old school deal??

8 REPLIES 8

@MarFli 

there are 90 day options available for some plans, they seem to come and go.

and you will not lose your legacy rewards so long as you don’t, ever, switch to public points.

@MarFli You have to pay every 30 days (no option for 90 day subscription), but your rewards will be paid monthly as well. You won't lose anything.

MarFli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you all for the reply,

can I pay every 90 days or switch to monthly without any discount loss?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

In addition to what's already been stated, the new plan is also way faster than your legacy 3G plan. Absolutely switch!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Why wouldn't you? You have the equivalent of 4GB/$40. One new plan is 20GB/$34 and another 40GB/$40. So in the latter case that's 10 times the data for the same price.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MarFli 

If you do switch, simply DO NOT register for the Public Points and you'll retain all those rewards you've earned over the years.

The new deals are certainly better priced and include LOTS of data compared to the $120 plan.

So moving to the $34 plan is certainly a considerable savings, and gives you lots more data.

Personally, I would recommend doing it.

But again, DON'T switch to Public Points, just ignore any suggestion that you earn more with it.  You certainly won't.

( EDIT:   trust another 'old fella' who coincidentally uses the same avatar as you 😉 )

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello Old Guy... I mean @MarFli 

You can change plans at any time. You will of course keep any old legacy rewards plans you have. It will not change. The only way to change it is to sign up with the new Public Points... which, in case you do not know, never ever sign up for it. Stay on legacy rewards for life! The $34 plan is pretty sweet actually. Perfect for a seasoned person. 😋

EDIT: The one thing I forgot to mention, sorry about that, if you make the change, do it for the renewal date, not now. You will lose money that you've already paid for. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MarFli 

the new one is a better plan, and I like it 30 days only

and no worries, you will stay on the legacy rewards and will early the same rewards discount like now after plan change.  I did it and con confirm

Need Help? Let's chat.