cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else face signal issues on the 45th floor of buildings on PM and other networks?

MohammadShaikh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone else face signal issues on the 45th floor of buildings on PM/Telus and other networks in downtown Toronto around the entertainment district?

I am currently on the 45th floor and have connectivity issues and face call drops. Is that something normal due to the 45th floor or is that just PM? Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

@MohammadShaikh 

you need to confirm if your devices are using "volte" which I'm pretty sure they aren't since both devices were purchased in america

MohammadShaikh

both of us have the same issue, she has an android phone 5G compatible but no 5G on her phone and also encounters signal issues on the 45th floor. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MohammadShaikh 

45th floor, Downtown Toronto should be good for 5G connections

you said your wife has 5G without problem? on PM? iPhone as well?

bagel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cell phone signal strength might be affected by the distance from cell phone towers or presence of obstacles blocking signal. I definitely notice drops in signal strength if I'm in the basement or certain alleyways. Not sure about your specific location.  

MohammadShaikh

Thank you for the suggestion, I shall try that and revert. 

Sure sounds like something related to environmental conditions housed, or about, the 45th floor.

Another test (since your in TO), is to try the 45th floor of another building and see if there's any signal differential compared to the other floors within the other buildings too.

Please report back - this is indeed an interesting observation/situation. 🙂

MohammadShaikh

yes, some connections (PM, Fido) do have an issue while some do not (Rogers) so I cannot effectively conclude what it is. 

It's gotta be, @MohammadShaikh 

Curious though ... do OTHER people also have a similar experience with the 45th floor?   

If so, then it's definitive.   If not, then it may be related to your device/service.

MohammadShaikh

No I get full signals on other floors, therefore, perhaps it is something to do with the 45th floor then. Thank you!

Is the 45th floor the TOP floor @MohammadShaikh ?

If not, do you also get the same result on all floors above the 45th floor?  If so, then it's definitely location-related.   If not, then there's something being housed on the 45th floor which is clearly causing interference with the cellular signals.

I would test -- however the location I am in does not have buildings with that many floors 😉

MohammadShaikh

Oh okay, perhaps it might be the location given that in some areas I do not face this issue particularly on the lower floors of the building where I get full service. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MohammadShaikh  My guess it just the piticular location . Anyone else with Telus or iPod around you have same issues . My issues tend to be more in basements but not drip call just drop down to 3G /4G

Need Help? Let's chat.