cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card details not deleted before moving to east link network

Nachi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had public mobile network and now i have switched or ported my mobile number to east link. But problem is before i switched/ported to east link i forgot to delete credit card information from public mobile & i had enabled auto payment option in public mobile. I am able to login to my account in public mobile as of today, but unable to see my earlier plan, account number, credit card details inside the same.

So my question is will public mobile keep on charging me every month as it has my credit card info already saved & auto payment enabled, even though i have switched/ported my number to east link network. 

Please help me on this as i am unable to contact public mobile customer support. You answer is truly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9

Nachi

@softech Thank you for your response. Yes i had received text from PM related to porting and i had also replied as YES to the same message. Also i had called myself from another phone & eastlink SiM did ring as well. 

Regarding Incognito mode, not tried yet. 

@Nachi seeing Eastlink activated does not mean the porting was completed.  Before porting is fully completed, you can still use Eastlink to make calls.  The difference between a completed porting or not is whether you can receiving incoming calls on your new provider, Eastlink.  Did you ever receive a text from PM asking you for approving the port and did you reply YES within 90 minutes?

and also, Call yourself from another phone and see if your Easlink SIM rings, if so, then yes, porting was done. 

If Eastlink's sim is not receiving incoming calls, then the porting was not done and you need to call Eastlink and ask them to re-trigger the porting request

For your login with My Account, try using Incognito mode to login and see if you see all the details like before

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nachi 

That is definitely odd that you can still log in. Use the link provided by @Chalupa_Batman to message an agent.

Could it be just the community you can log in to and not your actual phone account?  

Nachi

@Hollister 

Yes i have been successfully ported out of PM and moved to east link and i can see my east link is activated as well. At the same time i am still able to login to PM, but inside my account, no details are available such as plan, account number, credit card info, etc. is not available when i login to PM. 

Therefore, i am worried whether PM would still charge me as it has my credit card info & auto payment was already setup. Please help. Thanks!

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You are able to login to your my account though you say you have ported your number out already @Nachi

I was under the impression that you lose access to the phone account once the number is transferred out.  The system is not supposed to keep charging anything more once your transfer your number out but it is a good idea to ask the support reps to remove the payment card in your message to them as that function has been removed for customers since Public rolled out the new eversafe update.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nachi 

Did you port your number out of PM? If yes, did you leave your PM sim in to get the confirmation text to port out? If you have successfully ported your number out, your PM account will be closed automatically and therefore no longer charged. If you  can still log in to your account then the porting process has not been completed.

Nachi

thanks i have done the same, still any more info i would really appreciate the same. Thanks!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Nachi 

To stop the payments and get any refunds needed, reach out to a CS agent via this link. However, once you port out, the account is automatically closed, therefore no more charges should occur. You can reach out to a CS Agent to have credit card removed if still there.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.