cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans Charged My Account $10 in Credit Automatically

iekirby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a $25 credit in my account, when I changed plan today (I exited before completing the process), the system automatically charged me $10 even though I stopped the payment process.  Now I can't seem to use the remaining credit to purchase the plan I chose because it only allows me to use a credit card or payment voucher for the payment.

Please advise how I can use the remaining credit to purchase the plan.

Thank you for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

iekirby
Account Status: Active

Plan: $30 per 30 Days

But my phone is not working at all 😞

@iekirby

What does your plan status show?  expired or active?  What about your plan details?  Which plan is shown in your plan details?  That might provide more information. 

You are right in that you might need to wait for moderators, but with some more information, we might be able to find a solution without moderator help.   

iekirby

I guess it scared me (this is my first time using Public Mobile and topping up) that it charged me $10 even after I exited the payment process.  The weird part now is that it says $15 amount due for November 5?  Shouldn't the amount due be $20 since I changed to $30 plan?  Also, y didn't the system charge the $25 credit I already had and then amount due would be $5?  This makes me think something is wrong and now I don't know if I should top-up more money (how much?) to correct the problem or wait till I hear back from the Moderators before making the situation more messed up.

@iekirby wrote:

Thanks for the link. I've sent the Moderator Team a private message this morning, but received no response yet. How long does it usually take for them to reply?

Currently, my phone is not working at all. No incoming, outgoing calling, no data, nothing 😞 How long should I wait before I give up and go back to Chatr?

It is currently around 48 hrs for a response. 

I am curious, you say you chose a $30 plan but you don't have sufficient funds for a $30 plan. Even before the $10 debit you only had $25. 

I think if you hade sufficient funds for the plan it may work. 

The $10 debit is normal, it is for the base plan, it should look something like this.

Sep 16, 20184.5 GB at 3G Speed/ 4.5 Go à la vitesse 3G $30.00$0.00
Sep 16, 201830-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$30.00

Nothing on your phone working would be normal if you have been suspended for lack of funds. 

iekirby

Thanks for the link. I've sent the Moderator Team a private message this morning, but received no response yet. How long does it usually take for them to reply?

Currently, my phone is not working at all. No incoming, outgoing calling, no data, nothing 😞 How long should I wait before I give up and go back to Chatr?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@iekirby, it is quite possible that you may have ended up with a plan having no features which is why your service has been impacted.  I suggest contacting the moderator team so they straighten things out for you.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

iekirby

I believe I did because it asked if I wanted to exit. I'm quite nervous about playing with changing plans now 😞 even just to test with a $10 plan. This is how the whole mess started. Good advice that I shouldn't make any more transactions until this $10 transaction is sorted out. I don't want to make things more complicated. 

I'm a bit disappointed with Public Mobile, this is my first time using it and my first self-serve top-up since I started using Public Mobile last month. Hope everything gets sorted out as my phone is not working right now without a phone plan 😞

iekirby

Screenshot_20181005-135132.png

This is the transaction history. I chose a $30 plan, but it charged me $10 for some reason. Now the payment due date is for next month, even though I haven't completed the payment for the $30 plan. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@iekirby, a screenshot of your transaction history would help us advise you on what has happened.

Can you post your payment history (block out any personal info) and lt us assist you?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iekirby, Are you sure you exited the process before the payment was taken?  Also, what was the payment taken for?  Did you try to change to the $10 plan.  I don't suggest you try any other transaction until it is clear what actually happened.  Might just make things worse.

Need Help? Let's chat.