cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New points system question please

Billy7777777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I currently have the following rewards. 

Pre authorized payments $2.00

Loyalty pays $4.00

Refer a friend $28.00

Total monthly credit of $34.00

I currently have the  $34.00 month plan.

I also have several hundred dollars in credit in my account. 

Going foreword with new points plan will any of my current credits be used for my monthly bill?  If any of the monthly credits are still available do I have to log in each month to use credits towards my bill?  Will the several hundred dollars credit I current have in my account stay and be used to credit my monthly bill?  Do I have to do anything monthly or will the payments be made automatically from my balance? Thank you. 

10 REPLIES 10

Billy7777777

Yes, my thread has several answers.  Info is. 

So my  refer a friend rewards will convert to points. To use these points towards my monthly bill I must log into my account and manually use points towards bill. The cash $ dollar credits I currently have will  be automatically used towards my bill if needed. Thank you

Gia219
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the same question. Please let me know if you get an answer

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Is your account balance accumulated from rewards?

Your payment will always come from available funds first, and only then take funds from the card on file if there's not enough available funds for renewal.

My understanding is that the 5% of the payment is tied to cold hard cash added to the account by voucher or card. You get one point per referral for sure, but depending on how your available funds were topped up (actual payment, accumulated $$ rewards or redeemed points), you might not get the 5%.

Personally, I'd still redeem 15 points whenever reaching that threshhold (which you have to do manually in your rewards account). Right now it's 1 point = $1. But I'm sure that that value will erode sooner rather than later. There's really no other reason to force everybody to points than the ability to devalue the rewards however  and whenever they please.

Billy7777777

Thank you! 

Billy7777777

Thanks for the reply.  So my 28 refer a friend rewards will convert to points. To use these points towards my monthly bill I must log into my account and manually use points towards bill? The cash $ dollar credits I currently have will they be automatically used towards my bill if needed?  Thank you

HI @Billy7777777 

yes, the 28 friends credit become 28 points monthly

yes, you need to login to redeem yourself, no auto redeem

yes, the Available Funds you have will still be available funds, those would be used first towards renewal

Billy7777777

Thanks for the reply.  So my 28 refer a friend rewards will convert to points. To use these points towards my monthly bill I must log into my account and manually use points towards bill? The cash $ dollar credits I currently have will they be automatically used towards my bill if needed?  Thank you. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Real money on your account will be used first to pay 30 days subscription.

No more autopay nor loyalty monetary rewards.
For each referral you will get 1 point. 5% off your bill in points, 10 points at anniversary.
When you collect 15 points you can convert them to real money and pay the bill or purchase add-on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Billy7777777 

you are still saving with PM, so stay with PM

what you will be doing is after the migration, you will first pay the full around $34 for renewal.  Then within a day or 2, you wil get back 1.45 Public points as well as 28 points from the Friend referral

Since you can 29.45 points, you passed that 15 points for $15 bill credit, you will go to My Rwards to redeem one (on some months, you can redeem two of that in two transaction) (sorry, the redemption is not automatic, but you have enough points, worth the effort)

then the following month, the $15 or $30 will be deducted from the renewal and you only pay the rest

Need Help? Let's chat.