cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot transfer number

Steve133
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I subscribed to a monthly plan. I received a sim card. I installed the sim card and downloaded the app.

The app does not let me transfer my number. The button is there but there is no response.

When I try to activate from my account on my pc webpage, it just keeps sending me to the activation page, which then generates an error.

Any help appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

Steve133

I've received a response to my ticket and it looks like it's straightened out. 

Thanks to everyone who replied!

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please make sure when using the Temporary Number method that after you create the account with the Temporary Number you change it from being tied to your EverSafe ID for 2FA Verification in your Profile section.SmartSelect_20230714_235137_Public Mobile.jpgIf you don't, it will always try to send 2FA Codes to the Number you originally set the account up with. So you must change it to prevent future login issues. Screenshot_20230714_235304_Public Mobile.jpgScreenshot_20230714_235453_Public Mobile.jpg

Steve133

Thanks, that makes sense.

@Steve133  You should be able to do it in activation . But you can always do it afterwards like in my pic . And it’s way I ideally just do it to make sure services work before porting my number into it 

Steve133

OK, I just don't want to mess things up further.

I get to a page where there is a button to transfer, but it doesn't work. Below there is an option to select a # and choose from province, city, available #s etc.

So do I choose one of those numbers and then go back do a transfer? (sorry, I've never transferred a # before.)

Thanks.

Steve133

Unfortunately I don't have a temporary number and I don't get an option for one.

Thanks, I'll try that link during office hours. 🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Maybe while you're wondering about all this, try this to see if you can transfer the number

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Steve133 - did you subscribe with a temporary number before you received the sim card? If so, choose the option that you already have a plan.

Then you can request the transfer of your number through your My Account.

To help activate maybe they can help you here - click this link to use the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Steve133  You can do it after you activate on a temp PM number also like this in my account . Notice under first red. Circle in pic stats transfer number 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1689380472685.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.