cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send MMS pictures, no data

epwand
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to figure out how to get pictures to send.  I tried the settings in chatbox, however I can only see options for APN settings, not the other setting on my Iphone.  This is what the chatbox has.  I can’t find MMSC nor MMS Proxy.

IMG_0944.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@epwand    Did you just downgrade to the new $15.00 plan?  The $15.00 plan now doesn't have data.

epwand

Thank you for your help.  No option to update was available.  It says my carrier is Public Mobile 58.  I will contact a support agent to refresh my account.  

hi @epwand 

your iPhone is new enough and should not have the trouble.

To update Carrier profile

1. Tap Settings > General > About.

2. Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

And if still not able to make it work, don't give up, ask support agent to refresh your account,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437   

epwand

I have an Iphone pro 13,  ios version 17.4.1.  The Carrier Profile version  I believe is the “Network Selection” Public Mobile.

HI @epwand 

which iPhone you have?

what iOS version?

what Carrier profile verison?

epwand

Its an old activation.  I downgraded to the $15 plan.  I tried resetting and it didn’t help. I have been having issues with people hearing me on the phone and had to select 3g for the phone to work.  I am waiting for someone to help further with this issue, not sure if this relates with sending pictures as well.  I managed to get iMessages turn off as I wasn’t receiving text.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @epwand 

I guess not new activation? 

since it is an iPhone, try Reset Network Settings

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings

And make sure iOS is updated, make sure you get the latest Carrier Profile

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To send MMS use native texting app AND activate Data. Data will not be used but it has to be on.

Need Help? Let's chat.