cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive OTP(one time passwords)

Ohjonez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got my plan last week, I ported my number from Freedom to Public Mobile. I received 1-2 passcodes already, but now it completely stopped? I hard reset my phone (iphone 13), I turned airplane mode on, turned my line off in settings, shut my phone off and back on. Still nothing, the issue is I use an online banking system that I need access to asap but I cannot seem to log in without this OTP option. Any ideas? I was told to wait a week but that is a bit long to have access to my account.

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7

@Ohjonez   Sometimes a company will allow the code by email, you would need to contact the bank.  But it would be helpful to know if you can receive normal text messages and phone calls from family and friends.  Can you ask someone to try?  Are you able to get the code to log in to your Public Mobile account? 

Ohjonez

I never had this issue with Freedom Mobile, it's not only happening with the bank 😞 I'm unsure what to do. Especially since they all have 2-5 minute expiry it is becoming an issue this week. Oh man hahah

Ohjonez

I have no idea, I have not received any calls but I can call out to others.

Ohjonez

I tried yesterday but they told me to wait a week and they see no issue on their end 😞

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Ohjonez  2FA codes sent by banks can take a while to "catch up" with a carrier change (I believe it is a security feature) so there can be a delay of several days which would be why you were told to wait a week.  Can you contact your bank to see if they offer an alternative to texts?   If it still seems to be going on too long then contact PM customer support using the chat icon bottom right of this page.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ohjonez can you confirm if you can receive calls from carriers other than PM/Telus/Koodo?  Just want to make sure the port was really completed.  Usually the 2FA issue is because porting was not done

For login 2FA, try using email to receive.  On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Didn't get the code? or  Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ohjonez 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1709731216274.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.