cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administering kid's account

avanbeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have two accounts: one for me and one for my daughter.

How can I have my phone number used for two-factor authentication? I'm the only one who looks at the account so having the authentication code sent to her phone is not useful. 

When I try to use my phone number in "Manage Eversafe ID" it rejects my phone number and says "Please use a unique phone number".

Is there something that I have missed?

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@avanbeek   If you delete her phone number from Eversafe then the system will default to email automatically I believe, so that you don't have to keep requesting it by email.  I think @LitlLdy mentioned doing that in another thread.

Yes  @Phil_Adelphus , I deleted my phone number on my EverSafe & the authentication code is sent to my email with no issues 🙂 so that would work out great for you to do @avanbeek .

@avanbeek   If you delete her phone number from Eversafe then the system will default to email automatically I believe, so that you don't have to keep requesting it by email.  I think @LitlLdy mentioned doing that in another thread.

avanbeek

It won’t work with my phone number since it’s being used for my account. It requires “a unique” number that isn’t associated with a Public Mobile account. 
The email is fine for me. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@avanbeek as i said, this works for me with phone number. I have it set up for one of my accounts, so I don't know why it's not working for you. Maybe the system is broken. 💔

I also have it to email. 

No issues here,

Yet....

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@avanbeek I would create an alias for your email to manage your daughters account.  Update the account to use this alias for its email.  When you try to access her account and it sends a 2FA, click the link to resend the 2FA and select email.  You will receive the 2FA code as an email.

avanbeek

I see that it will also send to my email, so I think that will be fine as a solution. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Every account is unique and you cannot use one account (number) to manage other account(s).

In order to manage your daughter's account you have to be able to log in to her account and if 2FA is sent to the phone to have her phone in front of you to see the code. Another alternative is to redirect 2FA to email but then you have to have access to her email she used to open PM account.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@avanbeek  it should work under alternate phone number. The cell phone number will remain the same, however the code can be sent to a number of your choice. 

@avanbeek wrote:

I have two accounts: one for me and one for my daughter.

How can I have my phone number used for two-factor authentication? I'm the only one who looks at the account so having the authentication code sent to her phone is not useful. 

When I try to use my phone number in "Manage Eversafe ID" it rejects my phone number and says "Please use a unique phone number".

A specific phone number can only be used for one EverSafe account.  Assuming that you've already used your phone number for EverSafe, a different phone number will need to be used.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@avanbeek 

eversafe is a mystery to most of us...I believe that the 2FA can only be sent to her number. Depending on how old she is...can she be instructed on how to use that 2FA code when sent to her AND click Trusted devise ?

Need Help? Let's chat.