cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day payment plan

coyoteblue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does my 90 day payment plan turn to a 30 day payment plan on May 01, 2024?  What will the increases to my bill per month be?  Does anyone think Public Mobile has been clear about any of this?

9 REPLIES 9

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@coyoteblue right now your kinda stuck. You probably received 240 bonus data. I don't know if you need it or care if you loose it. As stated below, there are better plans for less money with more data. 

1. Part of the reason why you'd be stuck is that if you change plans now to a cheaper plan , you will loose the bonus data right away.

2. Since your on a 90 day plan, you have to time your plan change if you decide to do so, to maybe 2-3 days prior to the next renewal cycle. If you change immediately,  you would loose out on the remainder of the 90 days fee already paid and be charged right away for the new one. So the option would be to change on Renewal. 

If you plan to use the bonus data until it's finished or the 150 expiry date,  you would be best to wait to change plans until either of those happen, whichever comes first.

Again, keeping in mind that timing is crucial. 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@coyoteblue wrote:
I receive $15 every 3 months for Loyalty and $6 for Subscription.  So this is going to change to $13 for Loyalty and $4 for subscription after May 01? 

I am currently on the $120.00 for 3 GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days plan.   If I switch to a 30 day plan, do I lose all of my loyalty or subscription discount?  

The loyalty reward will change to 10 points Per Year given to you on your anniversary date. There is no autopay reward, it becomes 5% of your plan price in points added to your account. If you have referrals, instead of receiving $1 per month, you will receive 1 Point per month. When you have accumulated at least 15 points, you can login to your points account and apply 15 points ($15) towards an upcoming renewal.

In regard to the plan you’re currently on (90 day $120 for 3GB), you should take a look at the 30-day plans now offered. There are less expensive plans with more data to choose from. 

IMG_0658.jpegIMG_0657.jpeg

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I wished the "bonus " data didn't expire. Or at least give it 24 months to expire. I have 30 GB every month and if I use 7 GB I use ALOT.  

However,  because this is for my "loyalty" I feel that I deserve it!! So I've been binge watching movies like mad!! I used to hate YouTube and Netflix and the lot 😁 so I've been using them like 🤪 to try to put a dent in it.

PM will be monitoring to see who uses it, who maxed, who didn't use. Somehow, at the end of the 150 days, they will justify it.

At first I didn't want to use it because that means I accepted and consented but hey, if you can't beat them, what do they say....

Obviously at this point it's irreversible. 

coyoteblue

Feels like bait and switch.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@coyoteblue 

Does anyone think Public Mobile has been clear about any of this?

No - and furthermore, it was extremely underhanded and non customer-focused of them to remove the 1 point / month conversion the day prior to the announced change.

It’s basically like telling us they’re going to screw us over, and then take away the only benefit that may have made switching somewhat worthwhile.

And to boot, they replaced it with a data bonus, which not only doesn’t serve most of its customer base well, but expires at 150 days.

coyoteblue
I receive $15 every 3 months for Loyalty and $6 for Subscription.  So this is going to change to $13 for Loyalty and $4 for subscription after May 01? 

I am currently on the $120.00 for 3 GB at 4G LTE Speed /90 Days plan.   If I switch to a 30 day plan, do I lose all of my loyalty or subscription discount?  

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

You will keep your existing plan as it is.

You will be paying more each month because if you have auto pay that $2 will be removed. Any loyalty bonus that you are getting will be removed $5 appx. You will now have to pay your plan each money in full no discount first. 

You will be getting 5% off and 1 points for referrals each month. When you have a minimum 15 points you log into your account and redeem it towards your bill.

The information was communicated.It's just do agree.

I'm in the same 🚢 as you. 😔

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@coyoteblue - If you change from a 90 day to 30 day only plan... then it is 30 days.

But if you do not change your plan to a 30 day only plan you will keep the 90 days.

But the Legacy $$$ rewards will be gone, you will lose:

• $2+ Loyalty
  • $2 autopay

The bolded text below is one time credits:

Some others will transfer over, this is what the Public Points will offer:

• 5% back every $1 you spend
  • 1 point per referral
  • 10 points annually as a loyalty thanks
  • 5 welcome points
  • 1-15 (20 if Oracle) points back by helping in community

@coyoteblue wrote:

Does my 90 day payment plan turn to a 30 day payment plan on May 01, 2024?  What will the increases to my bill per month be?  Does anyone think Public Mobile has been clear about any of this?

Your plan won't change unless you request to change it.  The move to points isn't a plan change.  You'll lose the autopay reward (if you have autopay enabled) and the loyalty reward will be adjusted/lowered.  Also, points need to be redeemed for account credits using a manual process.

Need Help? Let's chat.