cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$35 Canada US 50 gb 5g plan with roaming

PrabChahal
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m on the above mentioned plan but when I reached Denver it’s only working on LTE even though my phone supports 5g can someone please help me because LTE the speed is too slow plus I also received the following message 

IMG_9644.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PrabChahal  Even with phone set to 4G/LTE you should still see better speeds of 100mbs 4G plan . The plan description should be more clear when roaming in the U.S. that it’s best to leave phone set to 4G/LTE some have had success with 5G one connected to AT&T in some parts of the U.S. but most just leave it on 4G/LTE as it just as capable of reaching 250mbs 5G speeds and help save battery and not let the phone run as warm 

Bodu

I get this message all the time when entering the US. My subscription includes US roaming txt and calls. No worries it works. Just make sure automatic provider and roaming was turned On.

If speed is the issue, it might simply be the coverage of 5G for that area. Work around for now would be to select 4G until you reach an area with increased coverage. 

Happen to me while travelling thru Dallas to Denver airports. Signal improved asa I left the airport 🤷🏽‍♂️.

PrabChahal

can you recommend which network to connect to for faster speed AT&T or T-Mobile plus do I have to keep my phone on LTE because plans says 5g Canada US that’s kinda confusing 

thanks

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PrabChahal 

just ignore that message...it goes to everyone as soon as they cross into US or land in US.

Need Help? Let's chat.