cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why $15 plan is available only for new activation?

PM seems to want existing customers to pay more or moving to other providers.

17 REPLIES 17

Matteo11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on the grandfathered $10 now $13 plan, and I can't even change to the new $15 plan??

1962-garyk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$9.04 30day to $16.95 greedy telus

going to no frills mobile for a few dollars more $21.47 to be exact i get 2gb of data @4G speed and once a month olan not 30 day

EB0

You will not lose your number if you port to another provider.

maurelle

@Meow wrote:

Nobody is stopping you to cancel current plan you have and purchase plan you like. If you like eSIM it will cost you nothing. You will lose your phone number but it looks like not many are so concerned to change numbers at will (plus headache changing it everywhere: utility, government, banks, you name it).

That's true. But...

I'm old fashioned that way, I like my number and want to keep it. Unless PM comes up with an amount of data that is usable to me and is within the amount I'm willing to pay and that they allow me to switch to... I'm using up available funds and accumulated non-expiring data add-ons, and when I see a plan, that meets above criteria, somewhere else, I'll port there. I'm not in a major rush to have the door hit me on the way out, but the times, when I didn't go for an offer elsewhere because PM's $$ rewards made the plans here more wallet friendly, are over.

maurelle

@Meow wrote:

@EB0 wrote:

Time will tell, but I don’t have much faith on any good new plans after May 20 for existing customers.

After forcing everyone into the points system, and losing more than half of my referrals, and having bad plans for existing customers, I don’t see any reasons to stay with PM.

OK. Tell me ONE company offering basic phone and unlimited sms for $161/year or less and I might consider it.

Really depends where you are. In some areas there are alternatives, in some there aren't.

We are in solid Freedom coverage, and several of my former PM referrals are now on the Freedom $119 yearly plan. Unlimited talk & text, 15GB. Breaks down to $9.92/1.25GB per month, on a network that is, where they use their phones most, equal or better than what they experience with Public Mobile. They came from PM's $10 $13/50minutes/unlimited incoming and 50 outgoing texts. $119 vs $156 if you are comparing what's coming out of the bank account (with no referrals, on the low cost / low usage plans it takes a full year to be able to redeem 15 points!)

For the few plans that I help with that are still here... We'll keep a very close eye on Back-To-School, Black Friday and Boxing Day offers this year. If we see a good deal that fits our needs, we'll jump without hesitation (definitely passed on some good offers in the past because of the old $$ rewards keeping our plan costs lower)

Nobody is stopping you to cancel current plan you have and purchase plan you like. If you like eSIM it will cost you nothing. You will lose your phone number but it looks like not many are so concerned to change numbers at will (plus headache changing it everywhere: utility, government, banks, you name it).

@EB0 wrote:

Time will tell, but I don’t have much faith on any good new plans after May 20 for existing customers.

After forcing everyone into the points system, and losing more than half of my referrals, and having bad plans for existing customers, I don’t see any reasons to stay with PM.

OK. Tell me ONE company offering basic phone and unlimited sms for $161/year or less and I might consider it.

@EB0  Whether there is any benefit depends what you can find elsewhere and what your needs are. PM's pricing was pretty competitive last time I looked and I notice quite a few people from the other carriers are moving to PM even with the points system, it's still a benefit even if you were used to something better.  You just have to look carefully at the fine print, several of the competitors have no option for US roaming, for example, depends if that's important to you or not.  One that I saw had phone support and online support but if you used the former there was a $5 charge, and so on.  You just have to weigh things up.

maurelle

@EB0 wrote:

That $21/3GB/30days or $57/9GB/90days would have been one I'd have switched to if it was available to existing accounts. In comparison the $19/1GB, while notably better than $25/1GB, is rather meh.

EB0

I saw those plans for existing customers

1GB for $19, while new customer gets 9GB for $57 every 90 days like $19 every 30 days

10GB for $29 wile new custom gets 40GB for $29

My point is, is there any benefit staying with PM and it’s the time to say Good Bye.

maurelle

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@EB0  There were/are some new plans for existing customers but they are not on the regular shop page, they could only be seen when in the account, like the $19 with 1GB plan.  I don't know if it's still there, I tend not to poke around in "change subscription" any more than I need to!

Yes, the $19/1GB is still available on the change subscription page as of today. If an existing customer likes that plan, they should schedule a plan change at next renewal right away. As we've just seen, PM is pulling plans at will. Even if they give an expiry date: Do not rely on the plan being there tor the chosing when you log into your account next.

@EB0  There were/are some new plans for existing customers but they are not on the regular shop page, they could only be seen when in the account, like the $19 with 1GB plan.  I don't know if it's still there, I tend not to poke around in "change subscription" any more than I need to!

maurelle

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

One might wonder if the idea is to stop people downgrading and then consequently protesting about the loss of the loyalty data as a result.  Since everything else is "ends May 20" perhaps in a few days there will be another set of new plans.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? Public Mobile would NEVER do something sooooooo sneaky!

/sarcasm

EB0

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

One might wonder if the idea is to stop people downgrading and then consequently protesting about the loss of the loyalty data as a result.  Since everything else is "ends May 20" perhaps in a few days there will be another set of new plans.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, you are correct... $15 is gone for existing customers so nobody can downgrade to cheapest plan.

Really great move PM!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @EB0 if you are existing customer on a $15 plan, you won't be affected.  you will keep the same old $15 plan. 

if you want another low tier plan, there's is a $19 plan for 1GB.  It was formally the $25 plan but new lower price

Need Help? Let's chat.