Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,588 REPLIES 5,588

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What you propose is even better and more reasonable to what I suggested. ——    

happy-2.jpg

- Since - they say the switch to points is to streamline their reward system. Well then why are they not continuing with the same rewards instead of dollars to now points  Rewards such as auto pay instead  of $2 to now 2 point’s etc.   

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

> We could instead try to negotiate a deal for us

OK, controversial idea, but how about...

Loyalty points: 1pt/mo after your first year at PM, 2pt/mo after your 2nd year at PM, up to 5pt/mo after 5yrs as an active loyal customer

Autopay points: 2pts/mo for autopay - this must save a lot of debt-chasing hassle after all? Win-win for customer and PM

Referals points: 1pt/mo for any referrals, as long as both you and your referred customer remain active

Option for 1pt to be automatically traded in for $1 off your bill every month, no need to log in to spend points, unless you WANT to gamble them away or whatever of course.

Oh wait... not controversial at all, it's just meeting previous promis-err-marketing commitments, in a world where wireless bandwidth has been getting cheaper and more plentiful each year, a world where Canadians are paying about 20x as much as our European friends and relatives for cell plans

Too much to ask? If so, what changed in the last few years?   😕

eyes

eyes_0-1713057020372.jpeg

mh1983_2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, this is a huge mistake.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM doesn't care about their customers, they aren't looking to "negotiate" en masse, they've made that very clear. They lied to their customers, then slapped them in the face with a data gift, that they know the customers have no use for. They're literally lying to their customers again, saying that this switch is to give the customer more value. They're gaslighting people to their faces. They've been losing hundreds/thousands of customers (more to come), and they've barely flinched.

So no, I don't think negotiation is in the cards. The best bet at this point, is for their reputation to be destroyed, everybody to leave, and then (if you only care about money), wait for them to attempt to lure you back in with a great offer, and come back. If they lose enough customers, only then will an attempt at fixing this mistake, be considered.

eyes

Maybe we should stop threatening to switch providers and being hostile towards PM. We could instead try to negotiate a deal for us . For example maybe they could  gives us the option of instead of the data  we could have say a 5 or 10 dollar discount for 6 months or so.

mikasik2

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@mikasik2 we do not need to see the same post all the time.  Please stop repeating your posts.

It's for the new people who likely won't read the entire thread, so they have more ammo for their complaints.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mikasik2 we do not need to see the same post all the time.  Please stop repeating your posts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gimli007 wrote:

Well.  Its been 13 days since my complaint (April 3rd) 

-CCTS acknowledged the complaint.

-PM objected April 5 ( thanks Michael from pm escalations)

-CCTS rejected PM's objection April 9

I have not heard boo from PM  - via text, phone, email, wire, or stone tablet.

You simply cannot "sell" your service with the promise of no price changes and a "stay with us and we will credit you" system, and think it is okay to arbitrarily drop the fundamental piece of the service equation. 

in the meantime - i will keep on getting random dropped calls ( i catch the msg on screen saying something like  "server did not respond") and spending lots of clicks to authenticate with 2FA to comment on a forum....

wheres my scotch.....?

@Gimli007  Your scotch is still behind the bar because your “server did not respond” 😂 

This post will likely get deleted but if even one viewer gets a chuckle, it was worth it…

fixin1

@Yatti4201 - But we should be "Lucky" just to get a rewards system. There is only a handful of carriers that do this... and Public Mobile is one of them. 

Fizz, PC Mobile, Virgin, cannot even think what mobile carriers have one after that... TELUS home services.

Yatti4201

Elon isn't even this bad. I mean he tests the water but pulling off what PM has done will send X tanking. The rewards program - all the terms etc all have the standard disclaimer that PM can change them at anytime for any reason and you can't hold them accountable if things go wrong lol (within the legal requirements - for notice in specific provinces for example).. Its' all allowed what PM is doing imho. Just not wise!

newtimus604

Can Public Mobile legally change the agreement of my mobile plan without my consent?

I do not want to be moved to the new Public Points program. It sucks! The discounts for being a loyal customer on the legacy/old Rewards program is way better and incentivizes me to stay with Public Mobile.

If you are forcing me to change to the new program, then good bye. You lost a customer and likely thousands of others.

MintBerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anyone else having issues with replies going through?  

I tried to make a couple last night regarding the recent texts PM sent looking like a last ditch attempt to backup the story they told in their objection which was disproven by a number of us that showed this text never came out and none of them showed up.

The timing of this new text and wording are not accidental.  PM probably got told by CCTS they never sent the text they claimed and now are sending it so they can say "see we did it".

Kevin6432

See ya, Public. It's been nice saving money with you. Unfortunately, just as I finally hit my $5/mo in loyalty discounts, I think it's time to find a new company. By taking away the rewards, there is zero reason to stay with you.

With the advent of No Name Mobile and Fizz offering significantly more data for similar price points... Public has just become a waste of time and money.

For example, up until now, I pay around $8 for my 250MB. I can make do considering how much I'm saving. But now that with Public Points my monthly bill would increase to around $14/mo for that same 250MB and no other bonuses.... Why would I not switch to No Name or Fizz who offer 2-3GB for just $19?

By forcing Public Points, you have no longer made Public an economic option.

Good on you guys for ruining a good company. It always happens.

fixin1

@Gimli007 - I hope PM responds by May 1st so then Public Points doesn't go in effect.

Gimli007

Well.  Its been 13 days since my complaint (April 3rd) 

-CCTS acknowledged the complaint.

-PM objected April 5 ( thanks Michael from pm escalations)

-CCTS rejected PM's objection April 9

I have not heard boo from PM  - via text, phone, email, wire, or stone tablet.

You simply cannot "sell" your service with the promise of no price changes and a "stay with us and we will credit you" system, and think it is okay to arbitrarily drop the fundamental piece of the service equation. 

in the meantime - i will keep on getting random dropped calls ( i catch the msg on screen saying something like  "server did not respond") and spending lots of clicks to authenticate with 2FA to comment on a forum....

wheres my scotch.....?

Cheefster

Hello Y4J259. Thank you for posting your correspondence from CCTS. Can you clarify, does the message mean that CCTS rejects your complaint (presumably about PM's veiled price increase), or that CCTS rejects Public Mobile's objection to your complaint, meaning that CCTS is continuing to examine the merits of your complaint (against Public Mobile's veiled price increase)?

I'm trying to assess if there are merits to following the same route that you did (e.g. complain to PM, then complain to CCTS).

Nermal3

This isn't correct.

On my $15 plans, I got a 5GB data bonus.  On my $25 plans, I got a 30GB data bonus.

ansontg

This is absolutely unacceptable.

1. I have a 50gb plan and have never hit my data cap so far. The 240gb offered as compensation for the removal of rewards is therefore simply pointless and worth nothing to me.

2. I joined public mobile in order to use to use the rewards system. This removal of the rewards system is akin to a universal increase in price for any customer on the rewards system. I was promised they would never take this away, and that my loyalty would be rewarded. This has been breached by Public Mobile.

HI @Climatecrisis 

even you won a car with Roll up the Rim, you have to sign and agree before you drive the car way. If you don't read the term , didn't sign it, or you signed it but broke the terms, they will take it away.  Make perfect sense 🙂

Climatecrisis

That's like winning a car and then you decide to sell it they take it away Does not make sense 

Climatecrisis

Its like you win the lot in Canada and decide to retire out of Canada and they take your winnings away 

Climatecrisis

I appreciate you making this effort I was also was considering writing as well 

Climatecrisis

If you lower the plan to get value out of the bonus data They knew this would happen and blocked it 

Climatecrisis

Data that expires is guess as useless bringing sand to the beach 

Climatecrisis

Lets do some rough math Lets say 500,000 subscribers use autopay 2$ savings per month We are going to lose instantly 500,000 x 2$ per month Instant millions for them Now they need you to stay 12 month to receive 10$ discount 10/12 is 0.83 cents a month They believe we are fools, Staying a few pennies below fido rogers and others 

jhhead

I do agree that the biggest slap in the face was how they removed the 'benefit' of getting 1 point per month being with them and then forcing the change.

If I had known this was the route they would take then of course I would have proactively made the switch. But without notification of the changes we are stuck with nothing. 

It's like let's make this change the worst possible outcome for our long time customers because we can.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I appreciate you bolded “at least” and will add, as many have pointed out, removing the 150-day time restriction would actually make the bonus meaningful. Of course, replacing the bonus data altogether with the 1 point for each month a customer has been with PM (which was pulled the day before the announcement) would have been the most appropriate means to recognize loyalty from their customers in a proportionate manner. But then again, PM seems to have some difficulty understanding the whole concept of loyalty.

Mtn

I do not wish to have my rewards program changed.  My previous rewards were applied automatically, but the new changes will result in a more costly phone bill.  I do not need a gift of more data that will expire, I want a low cost phone plan.  With these new changes, I cannot recommend Public Mobile to anyone. 

@Haiggy1 

They are assigning data promotions in buckets according to plan values, so as long as you’re within the plan value that is eligible for one bucket of data, you’ll still get it.

However, if you move to a lower plan bucket, you’ll forfeit the entire bonus.

It’s really dumb – they must reconsider this and at least give folks the bonus associated with that lower data bucket if folks downgrade their plan.

But, alas, Public Mobile really wants to screw it to its members. 

Need Help? Let's chat.