Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,473 REPLIES 5,473

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Agree on the cost thing. It’s why I started with PM. It wasn’t that i couldn’t afford another providers plan, it was because my phone and internet usage is minimal. I just couldn’t justify paying more. However, lots of other companies have now got plans close to PM. 

yyjyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

any way you can let the upper management see this ? well said

car62
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well I thought pm was the best plan Now not so much I think there’s going to be a lot of people moving 

@JDBlue1966 please don't spam the community if that is your plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

VidaM

Let me get this straight!!!
$1 recruiting new customer keep because they use us as an free cow hauling in new customers for them.
But loyalty rewards cut our benefits. Our $1 cuts to 20 cents. Since that's how public mobile shows appreciations to loyal customer.
What make public mobile think we gonna be loyal to them for another 7 8 or even 10 years?
When you do this to customer, the loyalty is gone. I will be changing to the best deal provider as soon as there is a great plan fits my needs. After all what stop me change to another provider with same data, unlimited international call same price. Is the loyalty cuts down my bill every single months, and the trust I got to taken care of by PB.
You're not changing the rewards program, you're changing the fundamental of the public mobile. You will losing the loyal client you had for years. And for what you pulled here if that's true. Regain that public trustworthy is going down to the drain.
Every single person had been with public mobile for many years and journey will tell anyone that it's a company play game with you and will change rules out of their ways to betray you and don't truth a words they say. They will turn around and F you.

We been treat like a disposable napkins and this napkins loyalty build the company. You got no loyalty to us we got no loyalty to you. Like wise, I don't know who came up with this B's to cutting corners. But hi you're moving the structure wall on the concrete building here.

Sorry for the rantings everyone Please let me know all of your thoughts on this and how will it impact your choosing the next upcoming plans.Thank you.

$1 recruiting new customer keep because they use us as an free cow hauling in new customers for them.
But loyalty rewards cut our benefits. Our $1 cuts to 20 cents. Since that's how public mobile shows appreciations to loyal customer.
What make public mobile think we gonna be loyal to them for another 7 8 or even 10 years?
When you do this to customer, the loyalty is gone. I will be changing to the best deal provider as soon as there is a great plan fits my needs. After all what stop me change to another provider with same data, unlimited international call same price. Is the loyalty cuts down my bill every single months, and the trust I got to taken care of by PB.
You're not changing the rewards program, you're changing the fundamental of the public mobile. You will losing the loyal client you had for years. And for what you pulled here if that's true. Regain that public trustworthy is going down to the drain.
Every single person had been with public mobile for many years and journey will tell anyone that it's a company play game with you and will change rules out of their ways to betray you and don't truth a words they say. They will turn around and F you.

We been treat like a disposable napkins and this napkins loyalty build the company. You got no loyalty to us we got no loyalty to you. Like wise, I don't know who came up with this B's to cutting corners. But hi you're moving the structure wall on the concrete building here.

Sorry for the rantings everyone Please let me know all of your thoughts on this and how will it impact your choosing the next upcoming plans.Thank you.

Absolutely, do what's best for you @JDBlue1966 .   

Just suggesting that for the overwhelming majority of users of this service, it's likely the cost that brought them over here. (or a nagging friend/relative who wanted the monthly reward value ... 😉 )

After all, what else does Public Mobile have to offer when much else only works part-time and there's a plethora of issues that seem to routinely plague the place.

jamie_eh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I heard on reddit they were offering 1 point per month you've been with PM if you switched to the new points system.. but if you haven't already switched the bonus is gone.

jamie_eh

Yep the referrals are still good, but seems like the $5 loyalty + $2 autopay is the biggest hit. So people like me who are on a cheap $15-25/month plan and have been with PM for 5+ years get screwed.

Panorama

It is such a  joke to offer GB  bonus with an expiry date. Since a lot of plans have unlimited minutes I am surprised you did not offer bonus minutes instead. I will never use the data I have available monthly now as I am sure is the same with most people. So really you offer nothing but a poorer reward program and hype it as enhanced.

You want to move me from a plan where my rewards are automatically deducted monthly to a reward system that gives me LESS and I must MANUALLY apply to have my rewards applied to a future bill and only in the amounts that you want to ALLOW. This is really a slap in the face. But then again I don't think you care until affects you.

hi @jamie_eh I guess if they continue with the point for lucky draw thing, anyone wins that iPhone  would make up the $60+ difference per year..lol

yyjyyj

I think they want the $15 people gone, i put zero once upon a time. but i recruite a lot customer like 15-16 for them, so I earned. right now my friends leaving, only 6 left, i will be me after these are gone, what;s the point to stay if you have 75 cents discount, lol

VidaM

LET USE CUSTOMER TO PROMOTE!! USE CUSTOMER TO HELP RESOLVE QUESTION AS CUSTOMER SERVICE. WHEN YOU DONE TOSS THEM!!! WHY NOT????

JDBlue1966

If we all started posting other providers, they would need to employ more people to delete them. 

Lolo_1234

Unfortunately most posts that contain the names of other providers are being deleted and censored. Just look on redflagdeals or reddit for this king of information...

@JDBlue1966 wrote:

I have a suggestion for everyone. Reach out and see what other phone providers have good deals. Then post them on here. Basically we stick together and help each other find another provider.

jamie_eh

So I just did the math and I'll be paying $66.72 more per year. I don't think anyone ends up ahead with these new changes, but yet all the marketing about this mentions how great this is for the customer 😑.

"Public Points make being a subscriber even sweeter."

"earn on even more, and gives you the flexibility to spend on what you want."

At least be honest.. don't lie to us.

JDBlue1966

Don’t know about anyone else, but trust me, it’s not the money for me. It’s the principle. 

VidaM

Everyone should post with me here

YOU DON'T NEED LOYALTY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!YOU DON'T NEED LOYALTY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!YOU DON'T NEED LOYALTY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!YOU DON'T NEED LOYALTY CUSTOMER!!!!!!!!

@JDBlue1966 wrote:

Same with me and the wife. It’s not the money, it’s the principle of being screwed for loyalty. 

I feel it IS about the money @JDBlue1966.   Just my opinion, for what it's worth.  

Otherwise, not as many would be commenting and outraged.

Some may say it's principle-based, and that's a commendable stance to take.   I, for one, will let the best combination of price and options and service guide my choice.   If that's here, then so be it;  if elsewhere, then that's what it will be.

I'm guessing Public Mobile would love to see a mass exodus of it's die-hard $15 and $13 monthly customer base to other providers as their ARPU is unlikely with that segment.

JDBlue1966

I will be looking for plans with another provider. It’s not the money. It’s the loyalty thing. Would pay more somewhere else. Also, I’m annoyed that over the years, I have promoted PM to everyone I know. Thats changed now.

VidaM

Hi I get you guys try to save some budget, from my point of view what they did here is removal a fundamental structure of the company. Loyalty customer. Which every single company try to kiss their . ..for. 

VidaM

Just my 2 cents. You can't just use your loyalty customer to recruiting and treat them like S at the same time. 

VidaM

adelphis

Awful. Just rubbish. Garbage, garbage, garbage.
And you won't even allow us to switch to promotional plans (like the 20 gig one).
Time for me to look elsewhere.

JDBlue1966

I have a suggestion for everyone. Reach out and see what other phone providers have good deals. Then post them on here. Basically we stick together and help each other find another provider.

Gimli007

lol.  its like an Upvote or thumbs up if you agreed with the post.

It took me 30 seconds to re-login with Ever-not-so-safe just to respond to a community thread.... ugh.

JDBlue1966

There are a lot of options out there. One thing that has always frustrated me with PM, is that they don’t have overseas roaming. Lots of the other do.

siuwanlg

I want the legacy rewards program back!!!!!  New rewards program makes there not much benefit of choosing Public Mobile.  If the retirement of the old reward program is set, I will definitely be switching to another more budget service provider of which I am aware.

edmensah

We the customers do not 🚫 like the new points system. We hate it! 😡 

We don't need 250GB, we need the old rewards program which is better than this garbage new rewards program 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

My mother has been a loyal Public Mobile customer since the beginning, and convinced my entire family to join. This is how you guys treat loyal customers who have been with you for years! Who cares about your new program it's as awful as the 250GBs that you are giving us! SMH. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

JDBlue1966

Same with me and the wife. It’s not the money, it’s the principle of being screwed for loyalty. 

jamie_eh

Really disappointed by this, have been a customer for over five years with multiple referrals. Will be looking at deals elsewhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.