cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migrating from android phone to apple iphone.

LLcan65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@J_PM 

from an active samsung s9 android with sim card.
can i just take my iphone 14 pro max with only an esim and upgrade  to the 5g subscription package!
making the apple iphone my active phone and deactivating the s9 android phone in the process.

your help and the community would be appreciated !

4 REPLIES 4

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@LLcan65 ,

Here’s how I added an eSIM on my iPhone 14 Pro (download the Public Mobile app onto your iPhone)

For Existing Customers:

1. In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’, (I purchased the eSIM using my available balance from points that I redeemed).
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your Phone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone. As an extra measure I reset my Phone’s network settings.
  3. In cellular settings make sure that “ Turn On This Line “ is selected.
  4. I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

‘I can not stress this enough… please be patient when installing the eSIM’.

Edit: Towards the top of the Public Mobile app on the right select “Change Subscription”, select the plan you want to change to, select “Change On Renewal “, select “Confirm Subscription Change On Renewal Date”.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@LLcan65  you need to buy new eSIM . Use your new iPhone to log into the new PM app and go to subscription add on page . At the bottom shop sim now select it then choose eSIM and instal to your phone

Handy1_0-1692992096943.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LLcan65 

yes you can

What you need to do, download the app on your iphone 14.  Then login and go to Subscription & add-on page, at the bottom, click Shop sim card now and you can then follow the step to buy the eSIM and install on your iPhone.  Once this is done , your physical sim card will no longer work

and once all done, you can then go to Plan & add-on and pick your new 5G plan, use Change on Renewal as the option (unless you want the new plan now, which PM won't partial refund you of your current plan)

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello @LLcan65 ,

The short answer is yes, you can! The steps would be to:

1) Use the PM app to swap your SIM (from physical SIM card to an eSIM)

2) Pick your new 5G plan, keeping in mind your current billing cycle (new plan will take effect with start of next cycle)

3) Enjoy your new phone, new eSIM, and new subscriber plan/5G service!

If you need help or a tutorial, see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.