cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lack of service

Cj27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I sent in a 2nd ticket, as 1st wasnt replied to.  got an email next day saying  I had a new message, but when I go to open it this what I get. "You don't have any notifications. Try posting a new topic or question to see some activity here."  I'm done with Public Mobile,you've taken my money 3 times now for US roaming lplans that don't work .  I will be cancelling my plan.

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Cj27 

so, which network you were able to connected to.  T-Mobile or AT&T?

Cj27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did everything the phone told me to do.  5G and 2G were enabled, Roaming was on, turned phone off and restarted.  I wanted it for data and texting.  It wasn't til til 4 days later, phone told me it was havoing trouble with DNS.  I'm home now and think I deserve a refund, but since there is no one to talk to, I am going to switch carriers. At my age, 68,   I would prefer to talk to a live person when there is a problem.  Thanks to Commuity for trying to help.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Cj27   Did none of it work, no calls, no text, no data?  If it was primarily voice calls perhaps you don't have a VoLTE phone.  If that's the case you will have problems in the US with any carrier since, as @hairbag1 said, there is no more 3G network in the USA.  So while a non-VoLTE phone will work fine in Canada while we still have 3G here for now, the only option in the US is to drop to 2G on T-Mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

As far as the failed US Roaming experience, @Cj27 , can you outline for us what settings you put on your device after crossing the border into the USA?

The vast majority of users here, folks in my family as well, have no issues using US Roaming add-ons.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Cj27 

Click on the following link to go directly to your private message inbox:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Cj27 

did you click on the little envelop icon on top right side of page is where you get response from CSA.

PS...you should have come to Community for suggestions as there's steps to follow for successful use in USA. ie: for data, make sure Roaming Data is enabled in settings. For talk, best to have a volte enabled phone OR select 2G as there is no 3G for talk in US

Don't cancel plan...you've paid for 30 days so try it out. Next time you go to US, come to Community for suggestions BEFORE going.

Need Help? Let's chat.