cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6s Telus Locked

Spazette23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not able to make or receive calls, text messages or use data.  I have gone through the APN settings to ensure everything was correct and have been told since I brought my phone from Telus the unlocking did not need to be done.  I have activated 2 other sims and ported their numbers over successfully and they have no issues (they are iPhone 6's). I have also searched the community and cannot find a situation similar to mine.  Everyone else shows no service on their phones when experiencing these issues but mine shows it is connected to the Public Mobile Network and displays either 3G or LTE.  When I check my phone settings it is showing the old number from the original sim card activation.  I have rebooted the phone as well as revomed and reinstered the SIM card and to no avail to be able to send or receive any phone calls, data or text/mms messages. 

I have sent a message to a mod already by thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone had any suggestions while waiting for a reply.

Thanks everyone for your help in advance.

9 REPLIES 9

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @sadie_lehr.  I posted some information for you on your post in  the phones & hardware category.

This link should take you to the post.

sadie_lehr

Hello! I have an iPhone 6s and am, since changing my SIM Public Mobile, able to enable MMS and set up the correct APN settings on my smartphone. I can get as far as changing the APN in Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Data Network. Once there, I only see 3 options: APN (I changed this to sp.mb.com as per tutorial instructions), and left the Username and Password fields blank. The next option is in blue and is the Reset Settings option. Further than that, I cannot find an area to change MMS settings as I have seen in screenshots in many tutorials. I can no longer send photo or video messages to contacts who do not have an iPhone. Has anyone else had difficulty setting up the APN setting for MMS, and finding those fields on your iPhone? Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No problem @Spazette23 😄 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

@Spazette23

No worries you don't have to apologize I know when you sign up and activate sim port number then you notice it's not working properly then it's happens you try whatever options you have to fix the issues at fastest available option it's all good and welcome to public mobile 

any others issues in future post it here we all here to help each other 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Spazette23
Thank you.

Sorry I had posted this shortly after sending you the message and had not received your reply so I apologize for the double post.

@Spazette23 

I was about to say the same it's porting issue and since you send a mod a msg they will look after you 

Marie beat me on responding you about your issue 

blazing speed Marie 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@paulie wrote:

sorry.... don't know much about iphones.  I've seen posts on internet about iCloud locked ? Might that be the issue?  

Only other thing I can think of is reset the phone.  Then re-enter fresh APN.

Ah never mind... seems a Mod has helped you !

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

sorry.... don't know much about iphones.  I've seen posts on internet about iCloud locked ? Might that be the issue?  

Only other thing I can think of is reset the phone.  Then re-enter fresh APN.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @Spazette23

I'm sorry to hear your services are not functional 😞 

It's a very good idea to post here on the community to have the input of other members! However in your particular case as I explained to you in private, the issue comes from the back end system. Some errors prevented your port from successfully completing which is why your services are not working.

As I said, I have opened a ticket to our tech support team for them to have this fixed. So for now the best thing to do is wait for them to take a look at it! 

I'm really sorry about the inconveniences this might cause you, thanks a lot for your patience 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*
Need Help? Let's chat.