cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help! I am in a never ending cat and mouse game

Kathryn1965
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in this endless cat and mouse game with private messaging to "support staff"
I ask a question and some time later, get a canned response.  I ask for further clarification or assistance but the person has vanished.   Some time later I get a new response from a new person who is "very sorry to hear" I am having problems and "will do their best to resolve the issue". then the same happens again.
Can someone please tell me how I get assistance? 

8 REPLIES 8

@Kathryn1965 

when speaking with customer support one needs to include as much info as possible as it's not an instant chat type of communication... be direct and know what you would like them to do. do not reply with one liners. 

one doesn't need to sit there and wait for a reply. just check back every couple of hours. unfortunately this is not a cell provider that just works. one needs to keep themselves updated and informed on how to manage this system. if not, the customer typically has a unpleasant experience... 

if you're looking for a cheaper provider that just works it would have to be chatr

Kathryn1965

I can not get into my account at all.  This was the problem 2 weeks ago, the Customer Service is so inefficient, it is hit and miss, unless you perhaps have 8 hours to sit and wait for line by line responses.

I don't consider my comments on threads to be spam,  people need to know what they are signing up for.  I wish I had paid attention to all the negative comments.

@Kathryn1965 wait till morning, message PM again for update.  I am pretty sure it will get sorted out tomorrow 

@Kathryn1965 

It is an inefficient way of communication. CSA hours of operation:  Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST, so you unfortunately will unlikely get a response until tomorrow morning.

Are you able to access your self service account?  You should be able to change credit cards yourself.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/update-or-remove-your-payment-card

If you are unable to login to your self service account, you will need help via CSA to register a new credit card.

You could purchase voucher either in store (Shopper, Shell station) or online (recharge.com - service fee applies) and activate your account immediately.   

I understand that you are frustrated, but please do not spam other threads with your posts. This is against the forum rules. May lead to banning of your community account.  

Kathryn1965

Unfortunately, no - our Credit Card was compromised, PM canceled our line before we could get in contact with someone to update the card, now we can't get the line reactivated, we need to be in contact with a PM CSA

It is hopeless.  It has been 2+ hours since the last response from CSA,  it is horribly inefficient.

@Kathryn1965 

Not the ideal way to communicate with customer service agent, but that is the model that Public mobile has chosen.  This helps reduce costs which supposedly offers lower plan prices.  Looks like CSAs have been busier recently and the wait times are longer than usual unfortunately.  

Is there anything that the community members can help with?  We don't have access to personal accounts but can provide advice.  Often, members can provide solutions that do not require CSA help. 

Kathryn1965

Yeah, Im in this never ending loop with private messaging -   no one stays around long enough to actually help

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kathryn1965 , I like to use the phrase speak to a human to get the ticketing link.  It is the initiation of a support ticket at enables access to support staff.  From there the communication is via private messaging (envelope on the upper right corner).

Need Help? Let's chat.