cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change my sim card and keep my phone number

Ana20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone!

In the last days it's getting worse then I can take it.

It's so hard no to have someone to answer your question when you need it.

My question now is :

Because my sim car doesn't function any more,I have to buy a new one and cheage it ,but how can I do that ,and in the same time I have to transfer my phone number too.

What should I do ? 

Should I insert the sim card first and then make the transfer of the phone number, or the other way around.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance 🙏

4 REPLIES 4

Ana20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much for the very important information.

I did exactly how you explen to me and it did work ,and I didn't even have to transfer my phone number .

It's very nice to have people around who can  help when you needed the most!🙏

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Ana20  your sim card should not be failing. Do you have another phone you can test it in? Could be your phone. 

But if you need to buy a new card, you can go to in a local Telus/Koodo store  to see if they sell. Or you can download the PM Mobile app and purchase it there. It will take about 10 business days to arrive.  Some people purchase from Amazon. 

Once received you sign into My Account, click on Profile and change the SIM card. You will see last 3-4  numbers click on the eye to keep your phone number.

Screenshot_20240415_235749_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_190040_Samsung Internet.jpg

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Ana20 

First, log into your account, go to profile and on the right side you'll see SIM card number with a pencil. Click on pencil and change the SIM card number to the new one. Wait till it's complete and then turn off phone then reboot to make sure it's up. Then while your in your account, you can change the phone number in that same area...  easy as pie. I've done it. Took me under 10 minutes.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ana20 - You change the SIM card in My Account - you won't lose your number.

If you are porting in / new activation you will need to reply to your port request from your old provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.