cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't text pictures and account is not adding my extra data, extra charge to banking

Trixie064
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been having trouble sending and receiving pictures in texts. I am also having trouble adding extra data to my account. I paid for the extra but my account is still showing I'm in the red. I also just noticed an extra charge on my banking dated today but can't see what the charge is on any of the items I purchased in my account. Really getting frustrated. Now I have taken battery out and rebooted phone numerous times and nothing.

6 REPLIES 6

Trixie064

I truly do not use data much as I prefer my computer to do things. I got the extra data for my security camera so may not need the extra. I have the lowest plan right now so if I do decide to go higher on the plan I just might get new phone instead but thank you and I will have to think about it. Money is a bit tight right now so it's worth thinking about it.

This does not fix your initial mms issues,  but you mentioned purchasing add ons. I don't know what plan you currently have, but you might want to consider upgrading to the Canada-US plan for $34. You don't have to travel or call the states to have it. You get 50GB of data. 

You would have to total up the extra cost you purchase for data each month, to see if it's worth it. Plus your month discounts.

Something to 🤔 about.

You would select Change on Renewal date to get total benefit.

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed17

Trixie064

Thanks Sansan, I was afraid of that lol. I got extra data but wasn't for the whatsapp. 

WhatsApp does use data if you are not connected to Wi-Fi yes.

Trixie064

Samsung J3 older phone, I do remember getting a text about something but deleted it lol. If I do the whatsapp will that use data?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Trixie064 

what phones do you have?  with some technical change, phones came out before 2017 might not have MMS working anymore.  A workaround is to use app like Whatsapp to send and receive pictures and media files

Need Help? Let's chat.