cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

all incoming calls are suddenly being directed to voicemail

mtc3891
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Starting this afternoon, all incoming calls are being immmediately directed to voicemail.   I haven't changed any "do not disturb" settings.  Incoming texts from Public Mobile still arrive.  Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

Marii89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Actually 🤡 Computers started in the 80's so We remember when they started, the older generations actually created the computers and programs🤡

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mtc3891 - Glad it worked out for you! That does seem uncommon for a landline, I have never heard of that before.

Glad it wasn't a PM issue but rather a landline phone case.

But with the "It turns out that a display of "Route to voicemail" means "you're not currently routing calls from this number directly to voicemail", while "Unroute to voicemail" means "you are currently routing calls from this number directly to voicemail".Sounds very misunderstood since older generations still use landlines and probably don't know what "Unroute" and "Route" do. They mostly don't even know what voicemail even is.

mtc3891

Problem resolved...  It turned out that the problem was unique to calls coming from my home land line.  That was what I was using to test a million different possible solutions to the problem of incoming voice calls being instantly transfer to voice mail.  I finally got someone else to call my cell phone, and they got through without problem.

So, looking at what was different about the "contact" for my home land line, I saw at the bottom of the contact info a button that toggles between a display of "Route to voicemail" and "Unroute to voicemail".

It turns out that a display of "Route to voicemail" means "you're not currently routing calls from this number directly to voicemail", while "Unroute to voicemail" means "you are currently routing calls from this number directly to voicemail".

That's stock Android 14 on a Pixel phone.  It would have been so much more obvious if the button instead toggled between "Routed to voicemail" or "Not routed to voicemail".  But I guess after 14 major releases of Android, not many people agree that clarity could be improved for that command.

Still, problem resolved.  Thanks to all for the advice!  I did try it all :-).

fixin

@mtc3891 - Hmmm. Better contact CS_Agent:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

mtc3891

Network resets / wifi should impact data.   I have no problem with wifi data access, just with incoming voice phone calls being diverted immediately to voicemail.

mtc3891

Aftere the problem began this afternoon, I did update to the latest Android 14 with latest Android Phone app.  Didn't help (note problem existed prior to that update).   No system settings changed by me at all.  Phone was in my pocket, doing nothing.

mtc3891

Phone is a Pixel, running Android 14.  I answered a wrong-number phone call this afternoon, then all subsequent incoming calls were directly immediately to voicemail.  Incoming texts work fine.  Outgoing phone calls work fine.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try to reboot phone (turn it off, wait a bit, turn it on).
For a good measure while it is off remove sim and then plug it back in.
Did you do any no matter how small change to your phone?

No other ideas. Do not mess with any system settings (APN or whatever) for a time being.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I'm just taking a wild guess here. iPhone? I feel something happened with these new updates in the last few weeks.

Try going to Settings, Phone, then scroll down, go to Silence Unknown Callers, turn it off and restart phone. Then text one of those missed callers and ask them to try you again and see if that works.

fixin

@mtc3891 - Did you mess with anything in your phones settings this afternoon? If not, try a full network reset without deleting the eSIM. ⚠️ This will delete any saved Wi-Fi Passwords ⚠️

But if reseting the network doesn't work, contact CS_Agent:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Need Help? Let's chat.