cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my data crazy slow?

bkenney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been having quite a few instances of data being stuck at 7-14KBPS instead of 3g speeds. I am not travelling in a car (ie switching towers) nor are my bars low (4/5 or 5/5). It's getting frustrating to the point where I am thinking of switching providers. I was with Lucky mobile previously with the same phone and they use the same towers yet did not have this problem so I am unsure of what's wrong with Public Mobile. Is there any way you guys can fix this? 

7 REPLIES 7

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

no worries, will do. 

@gpixel wrote:

@bkenney 

there's something wrong with your account. are you able to recall if it started happening after your account renewed?

contact customer support and explain what's happening and ask them to reset the network from their end. another thing you can do is remove and reinstall the sim to see if that does anything.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

Please note that customers should be opening tickets using the chatbot rather than private messaging.

@bkenney 

there's something wrong with your account. are you able to recall if it started happening after your account renewed?

contact customer support and explain what's happening and ask them to reset the network from their end. another thing you can do is remove and reinstall the sim to see if that does anything.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

bkenney

It seems to be in different locations throughout Canada. I fly for a living so it's been through lots of different towers!

bkenney

It shouldn't matter if you have 3g or 4g speeds in this circumstance, the 4g would be just as slow but you are paying more

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Could be cell tower issue in your area. Do you have same slow speed at some other places?

My data speed is as expected for 3G

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@bkenney wrote:

I have been having quite a few instances of data being stuck at 7-14KBPS instead of 3g speeds. I am not travelling in a car (ie switching towers) nor are my bars low (4/5 or 5/5). It's getting frustrating to the point where I am thinking of switching providers. I was with Lucky mobile previously with the same phone and they use the same towers yet did not have this problem so I am unsure of what's wrong with Public Mobile. Is there any way you guys can fix this? 

Set phone to 4G or LTE, may help.

Need Help? Let's chat.