cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Talk/Text $15 Public Mobile vs Unlimited Talk/Text $100 Telus

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

When I try getting people to sign up with Public Mobile, even if it's just the $15 plan, Telus goes and does this. Time for Public Mobile to offer this plan. Question is, why would anyone in their right mind want to join Public Mobile, Telus's 3rd tier provider and pay $15 x 12 = $180 for a year of unlimited talk and text when Telus, a first tier provider is offering $100 a year x 2 years of unlimited talk and text. Who's in charge of marketing? 

Chalupa_Batman_1-1714945830863.png Chalupa_Batman_0-1714945682483.png

3 REPLIES 3

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@LitlLdy   

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm low income and there is no way I can afford to pay out a lump sum at once. I can't even afford to take advantage of the discounts offered that are for a 90 day subscription here. It's getting harder and harder to find anything affordable these days. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

When I try getting people to sign up with Public Mobile, even if it's just the $15 plan, Telus goes and does this. Time for Public Mobile to offer this plan. Question is, why would anyone in their right mind want to join Public Mobile, Telus's 3rd tier provider and pay $15 x 12 = $180 for a year of unlimited talk and text when Telus, a first tier provider is offering $100 a year x 2 years of unlimited talk and text. Who's in charge of marketing? 

For myself personally, in my right mind … with my very limited low monthly income I can afford to pay $15 every 30 days vs paying $100 in one shot! Otherwise I would have to choose not purchasing any groceries/necessities for 1 month which I can’t do. It just depends on one’s needs at the time. 🤔 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chalupa_Batman 

the difference is the $100 one time instead of $15/30 days

Some people would like a short term plan instead of paying $100 upfront 

It is true if people are thinking long term, the $100 is a much better deal, especially it is using the same Telus network and it has Telus support  But I suspect that $100/365 days plan is a short-term promotion only.  So, get it while you can if you want it

Need Help? Let's chat.